Can I transfer credit from coursework I completed prior to matriculation at NYU?

On recommendation of the adviser, credit for graduate course work completed at an accredited graduate institution prior to matriculation at NYU, not applied to another degree, and not more than ten years old, with a B or better may be granted for up to 30 percent of the total number of credits required by the program. The number of courses accepted for transfer is determined by the program adviser. In all cases the 24-point residency requirement must be met with a minimum of 18 points taken on the 2000 level.