Can I individualize a curriculum?


Can I individualize a curriculum?

The Ph.D. and Ed.D. tracks require selected electives in dance education as well as elected out of Department cognate courses.

If you are applying to the M.A. in Teaching Dance in Higher Education & Professions track, your prior experience will determine how individualized your track can become.

If you are applying to either of the two M. A. in Teaching Dance K-12 tracks, these are State Department of Education regulated curriculums that require particular that particular course content be achieved. Both of these tracks do include selected electives which can be individualized to students interests and needs.

All tracks allow for students to take courses out of program. Students can elect from a wide array of courses within the Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions and within the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, as well as Gallatin courses and Tisch Performance Studies.

Q: Where do I find course descriptions?

A. Descriptions of all courses can be found in the NYU Bulletin available from the admissions office.

Q: What if I want to switch tracks after I am enrolled?

A. Because each track shares a core of identical courses, it is possible to switch tracks without significantly extending the duration of study and with no or little expense.