Hiring a Consultant
Once you have identified individuals who will be providing services, please follow the below onboarding steps:
- Complete and sign a master consultant agreement and statement of work
- Register the consultant in i-Buy, NYU's procurement system
- Please refer to the Supplier Request Guide for instructions.
- Establish a purchase order for the consultant in i-Buy
All consultants must have a fully executed agreement prior to initiating services.
Paying a Consultant
Consultants must submit monthly invoices for their completed work. Invoices must include:
- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- PO number
- Relevant project(s)
- Detailed descriptions of completed tasks
- Hours/days/sessions worked
- Hourly/daily/per session rate
- Total amount due
Consultants must send their approved invoices and all supporting documentation as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
Once the voucher is created and approved, the invoice will be paid in accordance with New York University's payment schedule below:
- ACH: Net 30 days
- Check: Net 60 days