All students enrolled in NYU Steinhardt courses have the opportunity to evaluate their experience through our online course evaluation surveys. Steinhardt moved from paper to online course evaluations in Fall 2011. These evaluations have been administered by the Office of Accreditation and Assessment since 2015.
If you have any questions or concerns, please review the information below. If you have additional questions, please reach out to the Steinhardt Course Evaluations Team at email@example.com.
Course Evaluation Platform
NYU Steinhardt course evaluations are distributed and completed in the student management system, Albert.
Results for individual classes are only released if there are fewer than 5 students in the course, and if at least 3 students response. This 3:5 rule is to protect student anonymity and provide accurate data.
Accessing Individual Class Results in Albert
- Instructors can access individual course results in PDF form in their Albert Faculty Center once the instructors submits all final grades for a particular course.
- Students can view quantitative scores from previous semesters through the Albert Schedule of Courses
Accessing Aggregate Evaluations
- Instructors, Department Chairs, designated administrators, and school leadership can access aggregate course evaluation results via the Steinhardt Data Portal.
- You must be on NYU campus Internet or connected via the NYU VPN to connect to the Data Portal.
Policies and Procedures
- Evaluations are anonymous such that student information cannot be linked to student responses. Student information in Albert are protected by the Federal Educational Rights and Policy Act (FERPA).
- Evaluations are open for differing amounts of time based on the length of the course.
- If a course lasts longer than 8 weeks, evaluations are typically open for 21 days.
- If a course lasts approximately 7 weeks, evaluations are typically open for 14 days.
- If a course is shorter than 7 weeks, evaluations are open for at least 7 days.
- Instructors may request that evaluation periods be extended by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that grades cannot be submitted while evaluations are open.
- You can view a sample copy of the standardized questionnaire required.
Tutorials and Other Helpful Guides
Accessing Evaluations / Results:
Questions and Concerns
Please reach out to the Steinhardt Course Evaluations Team at email@example.com.