Sessions: August 11, 13, 18 and 20th
Time: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Join us for a four-session online seminar for all educators who wish to ensure that students will thrive in all learning environments. Using research-based strategies, tools, and the case study method, participants will increase their knowledge and skill to support students impacted by stressors that affect learning, especially through the lens of the current COVID-19 environment. Participants are encouraged to bring authentic challenges and dilemmas to share in order to receive peer feedback.
- Examine the complexities of student responses to trauma.
- Learn strategies to provide a balance of emotional support and academic engagement.
- Identify strength-based opportunities for individual and group success both in classrooms and online.
- Create a strength-based tool kit as a resource for lesson plan development.
- Sharing dilemmas for peer feedback.
***Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) hours awarded***