CCER is a mixture of online and in person convenings designed to build understanding of foundational concepts of critical consciousness and culturally responsive-sustaining education. Through self-reflective activities and engaging with the research how CR-SE increases student engagement and, in turn, increases student outcomes. Participants will be able to critically analyze their own practices and build capacity for affording young people opportunities to engage with identity, equity, and anti-oppression in school spaces. Educators will also engage in healing centered activities designed to allow space to center health and wellbeing as necessary skills for sustaining equity mindsets. Participants will have the opportunity to share their learning during the NYU Metro Center 2023 Equity Conference.
The asynchronous CRSE modules (available to all NYCDOE educators on the WeLearn NYC platform beginning 2/1) are a foundation for the sessions.
What you receive by registering:
- CCER participants will meet monthly for professional learning sessions. Session objectives will cover foundational modules from the WeLearn NYC platform in greater depth, and provide hands-on mindsets and healing centered practice guidance with the support of experts from NYU Metro Center
- Participants will receive per session and/or CTLE credits for all convenings to be distributed through the SAM process
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend and/or present their learning at the NYU Metrocenter 2023 Equity Conference.on June 2nd
What you commit to by registering:
- Completing the asynchronous CRSE modules available on the WeLearn platform prior to February 8th
- Survey completion and communication with OEA/NYC program team to improve on future programming
If you have any questions about your eligibility for participation, or about per session, please contact Jeremy Chan Kraushar at email@example.com.