The 2020 Language Series is a virtual space for educators to explore approaches that support language-minoritized students and build our collective understanding of curriculum and pedagogy that validate the language practices of all children.
A presentation by keynote speaker Dr. Nelson Flores, Associate Professor of Educational Linguistics at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education, will be followed by four rounds of workshops with content in Early Childhood, Childhood/Elementary, Middle Grades/Secondary, Teacher Education, and Family and Community Partnerships.
- $100 Early Bird Fee when you register before September 30, 2020
- $125 Conference Fee when you register after September 30, 2020
- $75 Teacher Registration Fee (sign up using your school email address and provide the name of your school)
- $75 Graduate Student Registration Fee (sign up using your school email address and provide the name of your school)
- One (1) graduate credit may be earned by registering for EDUC 651 Strategies for Language and Content Development, paying the tuition fee, and attending the conference and completing online work after the conference.
- New York State participants will receive 5 Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Hours or .5 Continuing Education Unit. For inquiries, contact Gretchen Adams at email@example.com or 212-875-4461.
- For more information and to view the schedule, visit bankstreet.edu/ls.
Sponsorships by the NYS Language RBERN to attend the Language Series are available to paraprofessionals and early career teachers of ELL's (three or less years of teaching experience) currently teaching in public schools in New York State who commit to attend the virtual conference for the full day, 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST on October 24. Sponsored participants are required to write a 2-page reflection on what they learned from the conference presentations and how they expect to apply that learning.
We thank the NYS Statewide Language Regional Bilingual Education Resource Center (RBERN) at New York University for the collaboration and sponsorship of paraprofessionals and early career NYS teachers to attend the 2020 Annual Conference.