The Doctor of Education (EdD) degree program in educational leadership is designed for individuals who intend to pursue leadership positions in the practicing profession.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program is designed for those who wish to pursue careers as professors or researchers.
The EdD and PhD programs require a minimum of 42 points beyond the Certificate of Advanced Study.
Administrative Core (15 points):
- Educational Reform and Leadership AMLT-GE 3301
- Organizational Theory II AMLT-GE 2054
- Professional Seminar in Administration I EDLED-GE 3097
- Information Strategies for Educational Policy and Practice EDLED-GE 3015
- Educational Policy Analysis EDLED-GE 3005.
Research in the Ed.D. Program (15 points):
- Dissertation Proposal Seminar EDLED-GE 3013 or AMLT-GE 3400
- Research in Educational Leadership EDLED-GE 3001
- 9 points of research electives.
Research in the Ph.D. Program (21 points):
- Dissertation Proposal Seminar EDLED-GE 3013,
- Research in Educational Leadership EDLED-GE 3001,
- 15 points of research electives in qualitative and quantitative studies.