Skip to main content

Search NYU Steinhardt

Exterior shot of NYU's Palladium Hall

Student Housing

Graduate Admissions

On-Campus Housing

The Office of Residential Life and Housing Services exists to provide quality service and enhance student success in a safe and diverse living/learning community that fosters individual growth. Unfortunately, on-campus graduate student housing at NYU is limited and there are never enough spaces to meet the complete needs of graduate students.

The Graduate Housing application becomes available at NYUHome (see Housing Forms) in April for the Summer and Fall semesters or early November for the Spring semester. Before you can access the housing application, you have to accept your admission offer by submitting your non-refundable tuition deposit as noted in your acceptance email. Please refer to your acceptance email for your tuition deposit deadline.  Get instructions on how to apply for on-campus housing.

Any housing communication will be sent via email to your NYU email account so be sure to activate your NetID and NYU email account once you have been accepted. Get additional NetID information and instructions.

To learn more about the residence hall facilities available to graduate students please visit Housing and Dining.

To learn more about the application process please visit the NYU Residential Life - Application Process Page or contact:

NYU Residential Life and Housing Services
726 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
212-995-4099 (fax)

Off-Campus Living

The NYU Center for Student Life provides students with general advice and resources in the apartment search process. Although the Center for Student Life does not provide actual apartments, links to housing search websites, a housing and roommate registry exclusively viewable to the NYU community, market information, a discount broker, tenant resources, and other links are provided on the Off Campus-Living page.

NYU Center for Student Life
60 Washington Square South, 7th floor
New York, NY 10012

Summer Housing

Summer housing is available separately from Fall and Spring housing. Interested candidates should contact the Office of Summer Housing.

Non-NYU Resources

Educational Housing Services provides college students with furnished housing at reasonable prices and without broker fees. Buildings are located in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Learn more by calling 800-279-4694 or visiting the Educational Housing Services website.

International House is an independent, non-profit organization located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. It provides residential and programmatic resources to graduate students and trainees. See the International House website to learn more.

See also the Housing Registry on the Center for Student Life website.