Can I switch from the advanced certificate to the M.A. or M.S. program?

You can apply to the M.A. or M.S. program while in the Advanced Certificate program. If you switch programs before being awarded the Advanced Certificate, your coursework would typically apply to the Master’s requirements. However, New York State prevents coursework from counting towards more than one degree or certificate, so this switch would have to take place before completing the certificate.