Here you will find all of the content dealing with the Living Environment Curriculum, to help you on your way:
- It is time to examine yourself with examples of actual regent test.
you can find tests here:
- NYS Core Curriculum:
- Websites dealing with Living Environment Content:
- Lessons dealing with the living environment content:
- Key Idea 1:The central purpose of scientific inquiry is to develop explanations of natural phenomena in a continuing and creative process.
- Key Idea 2:Beyond the use of reasoning and consensus, scientific inquiry involves the testing of proposed explanations involving the use of conventional techniques and procedures and usually requiring considerable ingenuity.
- Key Idea 3:The observations made while testing proposed explanations, when analyzed using conventional and invented methods, provide new insights into natural phenomena.
- Key Idea 1: Living things are both similar to and different from each other and from nonliving things.
- Key Idea 2: Organisms inherit genetic information in a variety of ways that result in continuity of structure and function between parents and offspring.
- Key Idea 3: Individual organisms and species change over time.
- Key Idea 4: The continuity of life is sustained through reproduction and development.
- Key Idea 5: Organisms maintain a dynamic equilibrium that sustains life.
- Key Idea 6: Plants and animals depend on each other and their physical environment.
- Key Idea 7: Human Decisions and activities have had a profound impact on the physical and living environment.
- Student Generated Related Literature: