Post-Master’s Advanced Certificate in Teachers of Foreign Languages in College, Non-Certification
Innovative Pedagogy for Foreign Language Education
Advance your knowledge of teaching methodologies, curriculum development, and research methods. You'll build on your experience as a foreign language teacher, supervisor, teacher trainer, administrator, or materials developer and gain skills that can increase your career options.
This is a non-certification program for professionals seeking preparation for teaching positions in private and community colleges, elementary and secondary schools, and community organizations, as well as for certified teachers seeking additional coursework in preparation for doctoral study. You must already have a master's degree in order to be considered for admission to this program.
What you'll learn
- Teaching methods that provoke critical thought and inquiry-based learning
- An understanding of urban educational environments and the social, cultural, and economic factors that influence learning
- How to develop and implement innovative classroom strategies and curricula
How you'll learn
Pedagogy and Research Methods
As a student in this program, you'll study methods of teaching foreign languages and take courses in curriculum development and research methods.
Prepare for a career as a
- Foreign language teacher in private and community colleges and community organizations
- Curriculum developer, specialist, or evaluator
- Researcher, teacher educator, trainer, or program coordinator in governmental and non-profit educational agencies and multinational corporations
For more information about this post-master's advanced certificate program, please contact
Miriam Eisenstein Ebsworth