Resources for Schools:
Montgomery County Public Schools (MD) offers a curriculum blueprint for middle and high school Chinese, as well as rubrics for oral, presentational and cultural skills.
Guidelines for a FLES program, also from Montgomery County Public Schools.
Resources for Teachers:
Classroom Management : Videos and documents from Chinese Teachers for Chinese Teachers
China Institute has created a new online resource center for Chinese Language Educators: china360online.org
The Mandarin Center™ is a free resource website for Chinese language educators. Visit the website to find resources for your classroom or Chinese program, and to connect with other educators and share ideas. www.TheMandarinCenter.org.
A comprehensive listing of technology resources for Chinese teachers, compiled by the Technology and Chinese Language Teaching (TCLT) Standing Committee.
Teacher and Classroom Websites
Practice Chinese.com, a blog written by Chinese teachers all over the world. The posts include dialogues, written text, vocabulary lists, helpful grammar, useful expression and even interesting posts on the ins and outs of teaching and learning Chinese.
Curriculum and Lesson Planning
* Learner.org offers a series of online videos of teaching Chinese in action, as well as other languages.
* CLASS has many resources for teachers.
* Nanduti is a project of the Center for Applied Linguistics, dedicated to Foreign Language Teaching in K-8.
* Chinese Resources provides a variety of resources for the teaching, learning, and study of Chinese language and culture.
Chinese Teaching & Learning Tools
* nciku.com: Not only does this site have a great dictionary, but it also allows you to save your vocabulary lists so you can review them often.
* mdbg.net: You can search for words by Chinese, Pinyin, or English definition. Very comprehensive.
* zhongwen.com: Search for words by pronunciation, radical, stroke count or English definition. There are also many interesting FAQs about characters on this site.
* A GREAT site for listening to pinyin and tones.
* Pinyinput: Software on your PC or Mac to type pinyin
III. Chinese Characters
* ACCESS (Advanced Chinese Character Electronic Search System)
* Sougou: the most popular and easiest Chinese character input software
* Yellow Bridge: Chinese dictionary with animated character stroke order
Other Chinese Learning Resources
*100 Free Resources to Teach Yourself Chinese
* Steps of Chinese has conversation videos, pinyin with audio, character lessons, interactive games, and much more.
* Chinese Pod: one of the top online Chinese learning websites in China. It offers many multimedia resources for Chinese teaching and learning.
Other Useful Links: