NYU Project DCLT Welcomes You to Spring 2017!
- Get ready for Rock that Movie 2017! Visit the page to learn more about the theme, deadlines, and how to participate in this exciting student video competition.
- Visit our brand new Startalk Website to download culturally important stories for learning Chinese, ibooks, pdfs and activites for teaching.
Spring 2017 Forums
Spend Friday evenings with DCLT! Professional development, community, and dinner.
- March 3: Career Advancement and Opportunities
- April 21: The Jade Suite: Han Dynasty China at China Institute. Details to follow
- May 12: Rock that Movie Video Competition Awards Ceremony
Past Spring 2017 Forums
- February 3: American Classroom Management. Presenters: Maquita Alexander, principal, and Pearl Zaohe You, Chinese program coordinator, of Washington Yu Ying Public Charter School.
Spring 2017 Saturday Workshops
Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at NYU.
- April 1: Intro to Immersion
- May 13: Storytelling in the Chinese Classroom. Professor Frank Lixing Tang, NYU.
Fall 2016 Forums
- December 9: Celebrating Holidays Swap Shop.
- November 5: Chinese Educators Symposium: Innovation in Teaching Language and Culture: K -12 schools.
- November 4 DCLT@China Institute: Art in a Time of Chaos: Chinese Art in Teaching Culture. China Institute's exhibition explores how Chinese arts and literature thrived, Buddhism spread, and China’s interactions with the wider world flourished during a time of disunity and chaos in the Six Dynasties period.
- October 7: New Teachers Forum (teachers in years 1-3 only, by invitation)
- September 16: Project-based Chinese Language Teaching
Where Are Our Graduates?
Graduates of NYU teach in schools across New York and the country. NYU's Master's in Teaching Foreign Language (Chinese) program prepares them for certification and teaching.
Resources for Teachers: By Date or Topic
In Fall 2015, topics included "What Every Chinese Teacher Needs to Know", "The Art of Classroom Teaching"... Click here to see all events we have held over the years, by date. Or, Explore our resources by topic: games, projects, song & stories, classroom management, career advancement and more!