Project DCLT Welcome You to Fall 2015!
- NYSAFLT Annual Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY from October 29 - 31!
- Check out the 2014-15 Rock That Movie video competition. More than 10 middle and high schools and 17 teachers, entered 27 videos in the 2014-15 event.
- Don't forget to check out the 2015 NYU StarTalk Immersion Training Program for Teachers of Chinese (1-6). Read the four stories from 2014 and eight stories developed during the 2013 StarTalk program.
- Check out our Recent Events page for information about past events, conferences, and TV interviews!
- Get new ideas for teaching from events held at The New York Chinese Characters Festival, which attracted hundreds of participants from many schools.
- Follow us on Facebook!
Fall 2015 Friday Night Forums
December 11, 5 - 8pm: Special topics and Holiday Party Register now!
Maximizing our Sister School Connection (and real-life communication) through projects (Xia Ku, Pewaukee Schools)
School for Global Leaders (M.S. 378): Middle School Chinese Dual Language Programs
Sing-along with students from Bronx Science and New Utrecht High Schools
The forum will be held in NYU's Kimball Hall Lounge, 246 Greene Street at Waverly Place, from 5 - 8 p.m.
Past Forums (Click through for resources):
Speaker: William Anderson, K-12 Curriculum Associate, World Languages, Massapequa School District.
October 9, 5 - 8pm: New Teachers Forum
都 說語言是文化的載體，因它承載著內在與外在文化的內涵，那屬世界原生態文化的中文就更是了。此講座將從中國數千年前的宇宙觀、宗教觀、社會觀、歷史觀、地 理觀、民族觀、價值觀等方面的內在文化，及近代考古資料等實證，解開漢字形音義及中文語序的成因之謎，從而體現“中國語文中國觀”的邏輯思想特性。其內容 配上諸多圖片的講解，將會是一場現代人與古人隔空對話的時光。
Speaker: Carol Chen-Shea, 現任教于CUNY，教授中文、文學及文化課程. 常年于CLTA-GNY年會發表有關中文語言學方面的研究報告.
The Project for Developing Chinese Language Teachers (DCLT)
Project DCLT of New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, funded by the Freeman Foundation, was established in 2007 to provide services and support to Chinese language teachers, schools and school districts, and students in NYU's degree programs for Chinese teachers. Learn More>
Where Are Our Graduates?
Graduates of NYU teach in schools across New York and the country. NYU's Master's in Teaching Foreign Language (Chinese) program prepares them for certification and teaching.
Resources for Teachers: By Date
|DCLT Spring 2015 Forums||DCLT Fall 2014 Forums and Spring 2014 Forums|
|DCLT Fall 2013 Forums and Spring 2013 Forums||DCLT Fall 2012 Forums and Highlights of 2012 and 2013|
|DCLT Fall 2011 Forums and Sping 2012 Forums||DCLT Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 Forums|
|DCLT 2009-2010 Forums||DCLT Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 Forums|
|DCLT 2007-2008 Forums||
Resources for Teachers: By Topic
|Art and Music||Curriculum|
|NYC LOTE||Chinese Cultural Resources in New York|