Project DCLT Welcomes You to Spring 2016!
Spring 2016 Forums:
The Project for Developing Chinese Language Teachers (DCLT)
Project DCLT of New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, funded by the Freeman Foundation, was established in 2007 to provide services and support to Chinese language teachers, schools and school districts, and students in NYU's degree programs for Chinese teachers. Learn More>
Where Are Our Graduates?
Graduates of NYU teach in schools across New York and the country. NYU's Master's in Teaching Foreign Language (Chinese) program prepares them for certification and teaching.
Resources for Teachers: By Date
In fall 2015, topics included... Click here to see all events we have held over the years.
Resources for Teachers: By Topic
Over the years, DCLT forum topics have included... Explore our resources by topic for more information.
- Project DCLT was delighted to sponsor a strand of Chinese teachers to present at the 2015 NYSAFLT Annual Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY from October 29 - 31!
- Announcing Rock that Movie video competition 2015-16! Registration is open now! Register by March 1st, 2016. Check out the 2014-15 Rock That Movie videos for inspiration.
- Download narrated stories for learning Chinese, created by teachers in the NYU StarTalk Immersion Training Program for Teachers of Chinese (K-6). These beautifully illustrated stories are suitable for students of all ages. Stories from 2014 and eight stories from the 2013 StarTalk program are available now.
- Check out our Recent Events page for information about past events, conferences, and TV interviews!
- Get new ideas for teaching from events held at The New York Chinese Characters Festival, which attractedhundreds of participants from many schools.