Project DCLT Welcomes You to Spring 2015!
- Join us for another exciting spring of Friday Night Forums and Dual Language Workshops for Chinese Language Teachers
- Enter your school in the 2014-15 Rock That Movie video competition. More than 150 middle and high school students from 7 schools entered more than 20 videos in the 2013-14 event.
- Get new ideas for teaching from events held at The New York Chinese Characters Festival, which attracted hundreds of participants from many schools.
- Don't forget to check out the2015 NYU StarTalk Immersion Training Program for Teachers of Chinese (1-6). Read the eight stories developed during the 2013 StarTalk program here. Stories from 2014 are in progress!
- Check out our Recent Events page for information about past events, conferences, and TV interviews!
Spring 2015 Friday Night Forums
Feb 6, 2015: TPRS in the Chinese Classroom
View details of the forum by clicking here!
March 6 2015: Mao's Golden Mangoes and the Cultural Revolution: A Night on History for Chinese Teachers. This special forum will be held at China Institute Gallery, 125 East 65th Street, NY 10065
This workshop offers a unique opportunity for K-12 language educators wishing to deepen their understanding of China and bring that knowledge into the classroom. For more detail about this event，agenda, and how to register by clicking here. Space may be limited!
April 24, 2015: Spring Swap Shop: Assessment
May 15, 2015: Rock That Movie Night
Friday Night Forums take place at NYU Kimball Hall Lounge from 5-8 p.m. Dinner and professional development units provided. Registration coming soon!
The Project for Developing Chinese Language Teachers (DCLT)
Project DCLT, of New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, funded by the Freeman Foundation, was established in 2007 to provide services and support to Chinese language teachers, schools and school districts, and students in NYU's degree programs for Chinese teachers... Learn More>
Where are our Graduates?
Graduates of NYU teach in schools across New York and the country. NYU's Master's in Teaching Foreign Language (Chinese) program prepares them for certification and teaching.
Resources for Teachers: By Date
|DCLT Fall 2014 Forums & Spring 2014 Forums||DCLT Fall 2013 Forums & Spring 2013 Forums|
|DCLT Fall 2012 Forums & Highlights of 2012 and 2013||DCLT Fall 2011 Forums & Sping 2012 Forums|
|DCLT Fall 2010 & Spring 2011 Forums||DCLT 2009-2010 Forums|
|DCLT Fall 2008 & Spring 2009 Forums||
DCLT 2007-2008 Forums
Resources for Teachers: By Topic
|Art & Music||Curriculum|
|NYC LOTE||Chinese Cultural Resources in New York|