NYU Steinhardt offers a wide range of high school, undergraduate, and graduate/professional programs in the summer to fit your schedule and help you get ahead.
Courses are offered in three- and six-week accelerated formats.
Three-week sessions for summer 2013:
1. First Quarter: May 28 - June 15, 2013
2. Second Quarter: June 17 - July 6, 2013
3. Third Quarter: July 8 - July 27, 2013
4. Fourth Quarter: July 29 - August 17, 2013
Six-week sessions for summer 2013:
1. Session I: May 28 - July 6, 2013
2. Session II: July 8 - August 17, 2013
High School Students
- NYU offers college credit to rising juniors and seniors through the NYU Pre-college program, July 2 - August 10, 2012. Participants commute to campus (campus housing is not available) to attend one or two courses, which are taught at the college level and award NYU academic credit. Upon successful completion, students may earn up to eight college credits which may be applied to a future degree at most colleges and universities. See Precollege courses and admissions information.
- Steinhardt offers summer programs in Music and Theatrewith secure, on-campus, supervised dormitory housing available to high school students. Programs include master classes, private lessons and workshops here in New York City, the music, dance, theater and arts capital of the world!
- Take college courses in New York City, open to both NYU and non-NYU students, offered in a wide variety of academic areas.
- Apply to the Cultural Capital program in New York, a selective experience for current college students, ideal for individuals interested in opportunities for a career in media, communication, the arts or arts management.
- Enroll in intensive summer Music programs with our renowned music faculty. On-campus housing is available for these challenging programs.
- Study abroad for an exhilarating summer experience. NYU offers summer study in more than 25 locations worldwide, giving you the opportunity to gain global exposure in an intensive format.
Graduate Students / Professionals
- Study Abroad Immerse yourself in a topic and a place on one of our unforgettable summer study abroad courses. Earn from 3-6 graduate credits in your area of study while workling closely with prominent scholars and artists. Pursue individual research in a global context. Meet leaders in your field. Attend performances, visit museums, encounter historical sites. Join us for an unparalleled opportunity to combine professional development with personal enrichment!
You can take your career to the next level with Steinhardt summer-start Master’s degree programs: