NYU Steinhardt offers a wide range of high school, undergraduate, and graduate/professional programs in the summer to fit your schedule and help you get ahead.
Courses are offered in three- and six-week accelerated formats.
Three-week sessions for Summer 2014:
1. First Quarter: May 27–June 14
2. Second Quarter: June 16 –July 5
3. Third Quarter: July 7–July 26
4. Fourth Quarter: July 28–August 16
Six-week sessions for Summer 2014:
1. Session I: May 27–July 5
2. Session II: July 7–August 16
High School Students
- Music and Theatre summer intensives allow you to move forward in your development while living in secure, on-campus, supervised dormitory housing with other highly motivated high school students. Programs include master classes, private lessons, and workshops. All offered here New York City, the music, dance, theater and arts capital of the world.
- NYU offers college credit to rising juniors and seniors through the NYU Precollege Program, July 6 - August 15, 2014. Participants either commute to or live on campus while attending one or two courses, which are taught at the college level and award NYU academic credit. Upon successful completion, students may earn up to eight college credits which may be applied to a future degree at most colleges and universities. See Precollege courses and admissions information.
- Take college courses in New York City, open to both NYU and non-NYU students, offered in a wide variety of academic areas.
- Enroll in intensive summer music programs with our renowned music faculty. On-campus housing is available for these challenging programs.
- Study abroad for an unforgettable summer academic experience. NYU offers summer study in more than 25 locations worldwide, giving you the opportunity to gain global exposure in an intensive format.
Graduate Students and Professionals
- Study abroad: Immerse yourself in a topic and a place on one of our unforgettable summer study abroad courses. Earn 3-6 graduate credits in your area of study while workling closely with prominent NYU Steinhardt faculty.
- Enroll in summer graduate courses to advance your degree progress. Nearly all departments offer an array of summer graduate courses.