Join the Wasserman Center Graduate Student Career Development team this summer for these informative events:
Grad Level Job Search Planning – Tuesday, June 20, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Wasserman Center (133 East 13th Street, 2nd floor)
What Am I Qualified For?: Self-Assessment and Self-Marketing – Thursday, June 22, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Wasserman Center (133 East 13th Street, 2nd floor)
Grad Level Resumes, CVs, and over Letters – Thursday, July 13, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, Wasserman Center (133 East 13th Street, 2nd floor)
Negotiations with Eric Max – Wednesday, July 19, 10:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Wasserman Center (133 East 13th Street, 2nd floor)
Grad Level Interviewing and Networking – Wednesday, August 2, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Wasserman Center (133 East 13th Street, 2nd floor)
Join us for free sweets and tea/coffee at the final Tea @ 3 of the academic year. Steinhardt Student Affairs staff will be there with information about upcoming programs, events, and other involvement opportunities.
Place: Pless Hall, 1st fl. Student Lounge
Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
We hope to see you there!
Sponsored by the Steinhardt Office of Student Affairs.
Need an ultra-mini vacay?
The NYU Stressbusters will be on hand to offer massages to the NYU Steinhardt community. For one hour, we invite you to leave the cares of the world behind and luxuriate in this relaxing and tranquil experience.
Refreshments will be served.
This event will be held on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 from 12:00-1:00 PM in the Pless Hall 3rd Floor Lounge.
Spaces are limited. Please RSVP here .
Join Steinhardt Student Affairs for free bagels and coffee on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, in Pless Hall 1st Floor Lounge for our final Fast Break Bagel Breakfast. Bagels start at 9 am; while supplies last!!
You had a stellar interview. They have offered you the Job. You have a scheduled meeting with human resources. How do you negotiate the salary? Join the Wasserman Center for Career Development for a rich conversation on how to manage a salary negotiation by learning strategies to answer tough salary questions during interviews.
Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Time 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Location: Pless Hall, 3rd Fl.
Sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs.
Submit an application for a summer position as an Assistant Academic Technologist. Students will work directly with Steinhardt faculty and a full-time Academic Technologist on projects selected for the Technology Enhanced Education Fund.
Need a summer job? Interested in enhancing courses with technology? Join Steinhardt’s Academic Technology team for the summer and work with faculty and Academic Technologists to adapt, enhance, and/or restructure existing courses at NYU Steinhardt.
This work experience will be paid at $15/hour.
- Matriculated Steinhardt undergraduate and graduate students
- Must commit to 20 hours per week between May 22 – August 11
- May 22- 26 9am – 5pm
- May 29 – July 28 (20-30 hours per week)
- Team meetings Wednesday
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of technology and instructional practices that relate to the use of technology.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends, and developments in the field of instructional technology and/or education.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs and courses, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Knowledge about effective teaching practices, including various methods of assessment and evaluation
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing
Gained Skills & Abilities:
As a result of this summer position, previous Assistant Academic Technologists noted a considerable improvement in their leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic Information: Name, Email, Department, Program, Anticipated year of graduation
- Writing Sample Prompt: Why are you interested in this position? What is your favorite class you have ever taken? Why?
- Letter of Reference
- Portfolio (Optional)
Deadline: May 1
Chosen candidates will be invited to participate in an interview on a rolling basis; thus, first come, first served.