Update: This post is from the year 2010! There is an updated Graduation Checklist for 2011 available here. Or you can visit our up-to-date Graduation site for NYU Steinhardt.
- Are you eligible to graduate? If you are a senior you will receive a Senior Check Sheet that indicates which of the remaining requirements you must meet to be eligible for graduation. At the beginning of the term in which you will complete 90 credits, you can expect to receive your Senior Check Sheet by mail from the University Registrar. If you have not received your Senior Check Sheet by mid-November, you may request a copy from. Emily Caldwell, University Registrar Graduation Services, (212) 998-4878.
If you are a graduate or advance degree candidate you must meet with youradvisor to determine if you have completed the necessary program requirements.
- Did you apply to graduate? Degrees are not automatically awarded since many students choose to complete more than the minimum degree requirements. It is your responsibility to notify the Office of the University Registrar/Degree Audit and Graduation Services when you are ready to graduate. You must apply to graduate to receive an invitation to graduation and commencement ceremonies.
- Are your student accounts clear? To be eligible for Graduation, make sure you are in good financial standing with New York University for all accounts, including, but not limited to: tuition, housing, dining, library fines, damages to university property
- Have you ordered academic attire for graduation? Graduates and degree candidates who wish to participate are required to wear academic attire. Rental orders must be received on-line by Monday, April 12.
- Have you ordered tickets for Commencement? If you plan to attend the All-University Commencement, you must order tickets through Albert between Monday, March 15th, and Saturday, April 24th. Log in to your NYU Home account and access Albert. You cannot be guaranteed tickets if you do not order in advance of ticket distribution.
- Do you need additional tickets for NYUSteinhardt’s graduation ceremonies? Each undergraduate student will receive a total of 6 tickets (one for the graduation candidate and five for guests). To request additional tickets to the baccalaureate ceremony, please click here. Each master’s/advanced certificate student will receive a total of 5 tickets (one for the graduation candidate and four for guests). To request additional tickets to the valedictory ceremony, please click here.
- Do you want graduation portraits? The NYU Photo Bureau will offer Commencement Portrait sessions from Tuesday, May 4, through Thursday, May 6, from 12:00 pm-8:00 pm, and Friday, May 7, from 9:00 am-8:00 pm, on the 4th floor of the Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South. Click here for more info
- Have you requested a transcript? A transcript of your academic work is the most acceptable way to present your academic credentials to potential employers or graduate schools. The University Registrar will issue official transcripts for all work completed at NYU directly to schools, employers, and scholarship organizations. Be sure to request transcripts well in advance of application deadlines by completing a Transcript Request Form, available here. Transcripts are generally mailed 5 working days from the time of your request. There is no charge for this service.
- Is your Survival Kit Up-To-Date? Have you…
- Met with a Career Counselor to discuss your job search strategy?
- Composed your resume and written a cover letter and had them reviewed?
- Accessed NYU CareerNet to view job listings in your field?
- Surfed the net to research industries, organizations and job leads?
- Attended a Job Search and Networking Skills or Interviewing Skills Seminar?
- Practiced your interviewing techniques in a Mock Interview or via InterviewStream webcam recorded interview practice tool?
- Attended any job fairs, employer presentations, or Industry Expos?
- Attended an On-Campus Recruitment Orientation Seminar?
If you answered "no" to any of these questions, it’s not too late! Visit the Wasserman Center for Career Development soon and get your Survival Kit ready now!
- If you are pursuing further education: have you…
- If you are in a Teacher Certification Program: have you reviewed the "Timetable for Teacher Certification." There are several requirements you must fulfill as you approach graduation.