Lobenfeld Family Brings Gift of Reading to Steinhardt Students

This fall, undergraduate students entering the Steinhardt School will receive a copy of the book, Triangle by Katherine Weber. The book is a generous gift from Trish and Eric Lobenfeld. Triangle, required reading for all new students, is a historical fiction about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, which occurred inside the Asch Building, now NYU’s Brown building, across the street from Pless Hall.

Trish Lobenfeld (MA, ’99), who received a master’s degree in food studies and served as an adjunct instructor for nine years, contributed the books to acknowledge the many gifts she received as a student at NYU.

“I attended a number of colleges over the years as a part-time transfer student, moving to different cities, and always felt like an outsider until I went to NYU,” she said. “It was a wonderfully inclusive experience academically, socially, and professionally. I feel strong ties to the University and especially the Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health, and I want to promote that experience for others.”