All Steinhardt students initiating a UCAIHS (University Committee on Activities Involving Human Subjects) application for any research study are required to follow the internal clearance process.
Funding and Mentoring Program for Full-Time PhD Students
The Steinhardt School offers all full-time PhD students who matriculate in September 2010 or later a complete funding and mentoring program. All students offered admission to our PhD programs are awarded a full funding package and are assigned to a faculty mentor. There is no special application required.
- Abstracts to Currently Funded Student Projects
- Steinhardt Undergraduate and Master's Students Research/Creative Project Awards
- Mitchell Leaska Dissertation Research Award
- Steinhardt Doctoral Dissertation Grant
- Steinhardt Doctoral Fellowship Proposal Summer Development Award
- Steinhardt Doctoral Student Travel Funds
The Steinhardt Doctoral Student Travel Fund provides a maximum of $500.00 for expenses associated with presenting papers at scholarly and professional conferences. Reimbursement is limited to expenses for travel, food, lodging, and conference fees. Steinhardt doctoral students who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply for funds by filling out and returning the required application to the Office of Research and Doctoral Studies in accordance with the following deadlines:
Spring semester: February 1
Summer semester: May 1 *
Fall semester: October 1
* Please note that funds are distributed as they are available. Due to unusually high demand for this award, remaining funds for the academic year 2013-14 are extremely limited.