Admission and Financial Aid
The PhD program is looking for top candidates interested in research in physical therapy for our Fall 2017 class. Applications will be available in September 2016 in advance of the December 1, 2016 application deadline.
To be considered for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy Program, applicants must meet the following requirements. Applicants must have:
- Graduated from an accredited physical therapy program or possess professional credentials to become licensed in the United States;
- A master's degree in physical therapy or a closely related field of study
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 in all course work.
- Two letters of reference from graduate faculty that indicate an aptitude for advanced and original research as well as the ability to write and communicate effectively; and
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
See more information on application requirements and on how to apply at NYU Steinhardt's Graduate Admissions Application Guide.