Admission and Financial Aid
The application deadline is February 1st for fall semester and November 1st for spring semester.
To be considered for admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, applicants must meet the following requirements. Applicants must have:
- Licensure as a physical therapist;
- At least a baccalaureate degree or equivalent international credentials in physical therapy;
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average;
- Competence in conveying ideas in an organized manner, to be demonstrated with a written statement of your goals related to the DPT Program;
- Two letters of reference; and
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to take one of the following English proficiency exams: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic.
- Applicants from foreign countries must submit evidence of licensure, or equivalent permit for practice in one's country, with the application.
Financial aid for post-professional students is limited.
Please visit the Graduate Application Guide for more information.
Applicants for the DPT for Practicing Therapists use the NYU Application System to submit their application and supporting documents. Visit the Application Page for more information. (Please note applicants for the Entry-Level DPT program must use the centralized application system called PTCAS).