A Two-Tiered Accelerated Degree Program
This two-tiered degree program combines NYU’s professional master’s and clinical doctorate programs in occupational therapy. You’ll earn a minimum of 69 credits from our top-ranked entry-level professional master’s program – which prepares you for certification – then complete the OTD with an additional 21 credits, selecting an area of specialization to advance your competence as a clinician and leader in the field.
This two-tiered degree program provides opportunities for you to:
- Develop knowledge and skills needed to become an entry-level occupational therapist
- Select a clinical area to develop advanced competence
- Make use of clinical and functional outcomes measures
- Assess the adequacy of existing measurement tools
- Assess the effectiveness of selected intervention principles and approaches
- Collaborate with other professionals within practice settings to deliver high quality client care
- Interpret research findings in the context of broader sociocultural issues related to interdisciplinary practice and functional outcomes
For more information on this program, please contact
Our entry-level MS program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
c/o Accreditation Department
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449