The New Undergraduate Experience
Welcome to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development! NYU Steinhardt Undergraduate Orientation is comprised of several key components designed to welcome you to our vibrant community and allow you to get connected, to be involved, and to stay informed.
Orientation Programming for New Students
Online Orientation Portal
All new students must review materials and complete quizzes in our Online Orientation Portal. Through this portal, you will:
- Get to know your academic advisor, current students, and peers
- Learn about our history, mission, and values
- Understand your major and degree requirements
- Create and register your first semester schedule
- Discover services and activities to help you grow and develop
- Share what you’ve learned with your family to keep them connected
Dean's Welcome and Academic Sessions
This August 2015, join NYU Steinhardt Student Affairs and your academic departments for a special welcome breakfast with our Dean, and meet in person with your academic advisor and orientation leaders. Explore your new home in New York City. Participate in workshops, activities, and service-learning projects sponsored by the NYU Steinhardt and University community.
Monday, August 31, 2015
Skirball Center for the Performing Arts
566 LaGuardia Place
9am - 1pm
NYU Welcome Week / Spring at the Square
At the beginning of each term, we host special events to celebrate your arrival on campus. This will be your first opportunity to meet in person with your academic advisor and orientation leaders. You will also have the opportunity to participate in other workshops, activities, and events sponsored by NYU, which are all designed to help you get started and connect you with new classmates who are also beginning their studies in one of the other seven undergraduate divisions at NYU. Learn more.
New Student Seminar (SAHS-UE 1)
In this course you begin to explore your role as a student in this diverse and global academic community. New Student Seminar also introduces you to your program of study as an aspiring professional in your chosen field. The New Student Reading, a literary work that raises questions important to this process of exploration will be assigned this summer. Mid-semester, join us at our New Student Convocation, hosted by the Dean of NYU Steinhardt to discuss themes connected to our reading and your experiences as a new student. New Student Seminar is a required first semester course for new undergraduate students.
Questions? Call 212-998-5065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications with New Students
Fall 2015 new first-year and transfer students will hear from us in May 2015. For a glimpse of what to expect, take a look at the emails shared with new students in Summer 2014 below.
Parents & Families of New Students
Congratulations on your student's acceptance to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. We are thrilled that she or he has decided to join our family at NYU Steinhardt. As parents of incoming students, we realize that you have many questions. Please bookmark this page as it will be updated throughout the Summer as information is sent to your student.
- Visit the Steinhardt Student Affairs blog.
- Subscribe to the NYU Steinhardt Newsletter.
- Take look at the NYU Steinhardt Parents & Families Portal.
- Visit the NYU Parents website and sign up for the NYU Parent's E-Newsletter. Call or email the NYU Parent's Helpline at 212-998-4219 or email@example.com
- Questions? Contact the NYU Steinhardt Office of Student Affairs at 212-998-5065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.