- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions must be submitted at the time of application.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Official scores must be submitted from ETS to NYU Steinhardt using institution code 2556.
- Results of the TOEFL exam for candidates whose native language is other than English. Successful candidates score 100 and above on the internet-based exam or 600 and above on the paper-based exam. Official scores must be submitted from ETS to NYU Steinhardt using institution code 2556.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae. This should include information about:
- Previous academic training in nutrition and dietetics at the undergraduate and master's level
- Previous work experience in nutrition and dietetics
- Previous research experience in nutrition and dietetics
- Potential to make a contribution to the profession
- Statement of Purpose (about 500 words) explaining:
- Why you are applying to the doctoral program
- Your career goals and how doctoral training will help you achieve these goals
- How doctoral work will help you contribute to the profession
- Three letters of recommendation from employers, former professors, or professional colleagues who have observed your work.
- Application and application fee
Visit the Application Guide Page for additional information.
The deadline to submit all materials is December 1 (no exceptions).