The goals of the Clinical Nutrition concentration within the M.S. program in Nutrition and Dietetics are to provide students with the knowledge and skills to:
- Educate individuals and the public on food choices that will optimize health and prevent disease.
- Apply nutrition principles and diet assessment to the treatment of diet-related disease conditions.
- Manage human, financial, and physical resources to improve the nutritional care of individuals and population groups.
- Help improve the nutritional status of individuals and population groups.
- Monitor trends and issues in the discipline of nutrition, and translate this information into curriculum, education, and training programs.
- Apply research principles and methods to the examination of current problems in nutrition and health.