Graduates of our program are currently employed in a wide variety of positions, including:
- Clinical dietitians or managers of nutrition programs in hospitals, clinics, long term care facilities, and other health care settings.
- Members of clinical specialty teams in pediatrics, internal medicine, family medicine, in fectious disease surgery, renal, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, and critical care medicine services.
- Counselors of patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, and hypertension.
- Community nutritionists in a wide variety of programs sponsored by local, state, and federal agencies of the government and private sector.
- Nutrition educators in health care, community, or corporate health programs.
- Private nutrition consultants to the general public, health care agencies, weight management programs, government agencies, and the food industry.
- Staff members of private sector health agencies such as the American Heart Association, the Red Cross, or the March of Dimes.
- Staff members of local and state health departments.
- Staff members of federal agencies such as USDA, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, and the Food and Drug Administration.
- Nutrition teachers in schools, colleges, and universities.
- Project officers of private philanthropic foundations.
- Profit and non-profit positions that focus on nutrition education, media and communications of food, nutrition and health.