Program GoalsThe goals of this program are to increase the knowledge and clinical skills of Registered Dietitians in order to improve the ability to:
- Help individuals and the public choose foods that will optimize health and prevent disease.
- Apply nutrition principles to the treatment of diet-related disease conditions.
- Manage human, financial, and physical resources to improve the nutritional care of individuals and population groups.
- Help individuals and population groups improve their nutritional status.
- Monitor trends and issues in nutrition science, and translate this information into curriculum and training programs.
- Apply research principles and methods to the examination of current problems in nutrition and dietetics.