To Faculty, Administrators, and Staff in the Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions and the Department of Art and Art Professions,
I am writing to let you know that Rachel Harrison, who has managed public relations for the 9 non-arts departments in NYU Steinhardt for the last two years, has now added our arts programs to her portfolio.
Rachel is a seasoned communication professional with many years of experience in media relations for nonprofit organizations, including universities and hospitals. As Steinhardt's public affairs officer, Rachel:
- Promotes the Steinhardt School through proactive outreach to journalists in order to garner coverage in print, online, social, and broadcast media outlets
- Serves as the first point of contact for external media, evaluating and vetting press inquiries and coordinating interviews as appropriate
- Identifies, pitches, and promotes newsworthy stories and events
- Works with deans, department chairs, and center and institute directors to create and implement strategic communication plans
- Provides content for and liaises with communication channels throughout the School and University, including NYU Research Digest, NYU Arts Digest, NYU Minute, Steinhardt At A Glance, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
We thank Shonna Keogan for her dedication and service as the public affairs officer since 2013 for our arts programs. Shonna has greatly increased awareness and coverage of Steinhardt arts in the past several years; stories she pitched and promoted have appeared in the New York Times (SONYC, Costume Studies, 80WSE), Billboard (Music Business), Elle (Vocal Performance), and many other outlets. We wish her the very best in her continuing work in public affairs here at NYU.
You can reach Rachel at email@example.com or by phone at 212 998 6797.
All best wishes,
Associate Dean for Planning and Communication