Quality Service Dialogue Day 7/22
The Steinhardt Office of Administration and Finance and the Office of Student Affairs want to reaffirm our commitment to quality service at NYU.
We invite Steinhardt Faculty, Administrators, and Staff to our very first annual Quality Service Dialogue Day to be held on Friday, July 22nd, 2011 at NYU Kimmel Center. The purpose of the Quality Service Dialogue Day will be to have all participants jointly identify actions needed to support Steinhardt's objective to create a high-performing service culture.
RSVP for Quality Service Dialogue Day
Friday, July 22nd, 2011
NYU Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South
Session 1: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM; Breakfast to be provided
Session 2: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM; Lunch to be provided
Appreciative Inquiry (AI) will be the approach used for this work, since it "involves the discovery of what gives 'life' to a living system" when it is most "effective and alive." AI makes the assumption that "every organization has something that works well and these strengths can be the starting point for creating positive change."
More on the University's Quality Service Initiative:
Provost David W. McLaughlin and Executive Vice President Michael Alfano have called on the University Leadership Team to "embed quality service into the very DNA of NYU in supporting our commitment to academic excellence." To achieve this, each school and administrative unit at NYU is required to:
- Implement a school/unit based quality service self audit to evaluate the customer focus of business processes.
- Plan, develop, and implement the continuous measurement of quality service based on standard metrics.
- Embed quality service in all aspects of administrator and staff recruitment, selection, performance, and compensation.
- Expand reward and recognition programs to reflect importance of quality service.
- Generate an annual report on quality service at the school/unit.