Online application and general information on undergraduate admissions can be found here: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/portal/prospective_undergraduate
The package, which is submitted online here, includes the following items you should be prepared to provide / answer:
- Your résumé
- Describe your background in music. What instrument(s) do you play? How many years have you played them? Have you taken formal music lessons? Have you taken Music Theory courses - if so, what level(s)?
- Describe your background in music technology. What software(s) have you worked with, and for how many years?
- Why are you interested in studying Music Technology at NYU?
- A video recording (link only - YouTube uploading instructions are at http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/auditions/video) of the following items:
a. Applicant’s name, city and state
b. Performance of two contrasting pieces in any style: the applicant may play (or sing) a piece in which they are the soloist, or where they have a significant solo part. The performance may be with an accompanist, a band, in a school performance, or as a soloist. The applicant does not need to be an advanced performer to enter the Music Technology Program.
c. Sing an ascending major scale a cappella (no accompaniment)
4) (Optional) Links only to supporting materials with examples of the applicant’s work, as a musician, engineer, producer, composer, or other. All materials should be properly labeled with the applicant’s role(s) on the recording (as musician, or engineer, or composer etc). For video, provide links only, do not send in video materials or attach files larger than 2MB.
The submitted material must be links only.
|Audition package to
Music Technology Office
|FALL EARLY DECISION I:||November 1||November 15|
|SPRING TRANSFER APPLICANTS:||November 1||November 15|
|FALL EARLY DECISION II:||January 1||January 15|
|FALL REGULAR DECISION:||January 1||January 15|
|FALL TRANSFER APPLICANTS:||April 1||April 15|
New York University’s Office of Financial Aid provides a variety of assistance options for both undergraduate and graduate students. Financial Aid providing tuition assistance and a stipend is available to qualified graduate students through teaching fellowships and scholarships. More information can be found at http://www.nyu.edu/financial.aid/
As part of their financial aid package students are often awarded work-study benefits. The Music Technology program offers several work-study compatible employment opportunities, more details can be found in the Student Employment section.
For more comprehensive Financial Aid information for Music Technology students, see the Financial Aid page.
Scheduling Tours and Meeting with Current Students
We have tours of the facilities after each open house and after each audition. Tours can also be scheduled at other times by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are also encouraged to attend our open houses, where they can meet current students.