Music Technology Dual BM/MM Program Application Deadlines
Summer/Fall - February 1st
Spring - October 1st
- Apply in their Sophomore or Junior Year (application process details below)
- Once you are accepted, we will take the required 13 credits in your Senior year while finishing the Bachelor's Degree
- Upon graduation for the Bachelor's Degree, Eleanor will request to remove the 13 credits from their Undergraduate transcript
- Once you enter your first semester as a Grad Student, you need to request for Transfer credits by sending 2 documents: your official NYU Transcript and the Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form to Eleanor
- You will then complete the remaining credits for the Master's Degree
Please note that applications will not be processed until all their components have been received.
- Change of Major Form (pick up form from 2nd Floor, Pless Hall)
- Bachelor's/Master's Dual Degree Declaration Form (pick up form 2nd Fl, Pless Hall)
- Statement of Purpose
- GPA 3.5 and above
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript
- Academic Plan (all courses completed and plan to take)
- Portfolio is required. A list of links to your online portfolio should be provided as noted below.
Requirements for Portfolio
- A portfolio of samples of previous professional, artistic or academic work on music, technology and related fields. Examples include, but are not limited to, school papers, scientific publications (max. 8 pages-long), web pages or audiovisual materials of work you have composed, performed, recorded, mixed and/or produced.
- Portfolio Related Links
The portfolio should be made available online (e.g. in your personal webpage).
- Please upload a document in which you list links, passwords (if needed), and descriptions for up to 3 works that you would like the Admissions Committee to review as part of your application. Do not upload the work itself. You should provide only a list of links to the works. Acceptable file types for the upload document are .doc, .docx and pdf. Music Technology candidates are encouraged to use soundcloud.com and vimeo.com.
For complete information about financial aid, please visit:
As part of their financial aid package students are often awarded work-study benefits. The Music Technology program offers several work-study compatible employment opportunities. More details can be found at: