Starting January 15, 2016, the MPAP Summer Programs Application will be open for all 2016 applicants. Please note, that although we accept applications on a rolling basis, each program has specific individual deadlines. Make sure to refer to the deadlines posted below.
See the Audition Preparation Workshop at a glance:
- Program Dates: June 29 - July 17, 2015
- Priority Application Deadline: March 15, 2015
- Final Application Deadline: May 1, 2015
- We will have rolling admissions on a case by case basis past this deadline for applicants who are NOT in need of housing (Please email MPAP.Summer@nyu.edu if you have any questions).
- Required Student Orientation: June 28, 2015 at 3pm
- Housing Dates: June 28 - July 18, 2015
- Tuition: $1,800
- String Studies
- College Audition Workshop for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Graduate School/Competition Workshop for college/graduate students
- Two private lessons per week
- One hour of daily chamber music rehearsal or coaching
- One hour classes held each afternoon on a series of topics ranging from building confidence through audition strategies to developing one’s musical voice through improvisation and freedom of expression
- Five hours of daily practice time
- Performance opportunities at bi-weekly student performances, master classes and chamber music recitals
- Evening and weekend activities that in the past have included NY Philharmonic concerts, sightseeing in New York City and visits to museums
NYU Artist faculty include Cyrus Beroukhim, Stephanie Chase, Gregory Fulkerson, Kikuei Ikeda, Anton Miller, Naoko Tanaka, violin; Stephanie Baer, Shmuel Katz, Karen Ritscher, viola; Marion Feldman, Eileen Moon, Edward Arron, cello; Joseph Bongiorno, bass; Edward Malave, Alexander Technique and Justin Hines, improvisation.
Below are all costs associated with SummerStrings@NYU:
- Tuition: $1,800
- Optional Programming Fee: $120
- Application Fee: $50; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2015 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1,143 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars – see the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
The College Audition Workshop is open to high school sophomores and juniors. The Graduate School/Competition Audition Workshop is open to current college students. Both programs have limited enrollment so register early to ensure your space!
If you would like to be considered for the workshop you must complete the following:
- Complete a 2015 Summer Application
- Submit all Audition Requirements and supplemental materials
Please note: late applications will be considered as space permits.
MPAP Summer Programs