Program Dates: June 27 - July 15, 2016
(Residential Students Move-in: June 26, Move-out: July 16)
Application Deadline: May 15, 2016 (for students who do not need NYU Housing)
Intended For: High School, Undergraduate, and Graduate Students
- College Audition Workshop for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Graduate School/Competition Workshop for college/graduate students
Program Details (Click Here)
Priority Application Deadline: March 1, 2016
Final Application Deadline: March 15, 2016
Program Dates: June 27, 2016- July 15, 2016
Residential Students Move-in: June 26, 2016 Move-out: July 16, 2016
Mandatory Orientation: June 26, 2016
What to expect:
- Two private lessons and two chamber coachings per week
- Two hours of daily chamber music rehearsal
- Daily master classes and seminars on a series of topics ranging from building confidence through audition strategies to developing one’s musical voice through improvisation and freedom of expression
- Four hours of daily practice time
- Performance opportunities at bi-weekly student performances and chamber music recitals
- Evening and weekend activities that often include NY Philharmonic concerts, Broadway plays, Yankees and Mets games, sightseeing in New York City and visits to museums
NYU Artist Faculty include...
Alexander Technique: Edward Malave
Justin Hines: improvisation.
Below are all costs associated with the Summerstrings@NYU Workshop:
- Tuition: $1,800
- Application Fee: $55; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2016 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1,182 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars per week
- See the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
- International Students have additional Visa and/or participation fees
Costs and Fees Details (Click Here)
|US Students||International Students|
|Application Fee (paid at the end of Acceptd application)||$55||$55|
|Housing and Meal Plan (if on-campus)||$1,182||$1,182|
|Health Insurance||Not Applicable||$280 Comprehensive Plan|
Enrollment deposit: $150
- Accepted applicants will make an enrollment deposit of $150 in order to confirm their attendance to their NYU MPAP Summer Program. (payment instructions provided within the initial acceptance email)
Housing deposit: $500
- If staying in on-campus housing, students are required to pay a $500 deposit to reserve a space in housing.
- The housing deposit is a portion of the housing charges, and is NOT a separate or added fee.
- The housing deposit is applied to any housing charges on your bill. Any excess balance remaining will be applied to tuition fees or refunded to the student.
Please note: the Application Fee, Enrollment Deposit and Housing Deposit are not refundable.
Paying the remaining balance:
After paying the deposit(s), students are responsible for paying the remaining balance prior to the start of the program. *While the remaining tuition may be posted immediately after deposits are made, the remaining housing bills are not sent until 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.
All fee's, tuition and housing costs are charged to the students eSuites (online student billing system and personal account) via the NYU Bursars Office. Instructions on making payment(s) are provided to accepted students by MPAP Summer Programs in communications sent to enrolled students' personal and NYU email accounts.
For information about financial aid and scholarships, see the Finances page.
A completed application consists of:
- A 2016 MPAP Summer Application
- Correctly uploaded audition materials in Get Acceptd and a $55 application fee (paid at the end of Acceptd)
*If you are an international student please go to the Application for International Students Website for application details.
Your application will be reviewed once your application is complete and not beforehand.
APPLY NOW (Click Here)
Current NYU students should not follow these steps and should review the application procedure listed under Information for Current NYU Students.
Please visit the Application Information page for a more detailed explanation of the application process.
Audition Details (Click Here)
- Submit a recording with two contrasting movements or works from the solo repertoire.
Note: Audition requirements are different for each program depending on program director specifications. All audition materials are uploaded via "Get Accetpd" within the second portion of the MPAP Summer Programs Application (further instructions regarding application found here).
Move in: June 26th, 2016
Move out: July 16th, 2016
Important Housing Information (Click Here)
Please note, admitted students in need of on-campus housing will be sent the housing application after accepting their spot within their program. Housing requires a deposit of $500 towards your total housing charges that is to be paid as completion of the housing application.
*The meal plan is mandatory for students who stay in on-campus housing.
|Housing:||$702 (shared room in Weinstein Hall)|
|Meal Plan:||$480 (10 meals and $30 dining dollars per week)|
- Complete the 2016 MPAP Summer Programs Application
- With indication of housing need and financial need (if that would apply to your situation)
- Submit proof of English language proficiency
Important International Student Details (Click Here)
- If admitted into your program the next step is to obtain the required F-1 or J-1 student visa. You must:
- Complete the I-20/DS-2019 Application that is emailed directly to you (including processing fee reciept)
- Follow instructions provided by the Office of Global Services (OGS) until visa completion
- Once on campus, international students must attend the international student check-in. Exact date/time/location is provided at student orientation.
- At NYU, health insurance is required for F-1 and J-1 students. International students are automatically enrolled in a one month Summer Term health insurance policy at $270.
If you are an international student and you are interested in applying for the MPAP Summer Programs, please visit the International Students page.
MPAP Summer Programs