The 2017 MPAP Summer Programs Application will be available on January 15th, 2017.
|Program Dates: June 11 - June 15, 2017|
This program is intended for:
- High School, Undergraduate, Post-College and Graduate Students
- Continuing Professionals
Hosted by the NYU Steinhardt Percussion Studies Program the Broadway Percussion Seminar offers classes with special guest percussionists, contractors, and conductors from the world of Broadway. There will be sessions presented on drum set, percussion, mallet percussion, timpani, and Latin percussion, by the percussionists who developed the Broadway books!
For high school, college, and professional percussionists, the NYU Broadway Percussion Seminar/Summit is a five-day intensive study of the skills, experience, and know-how of the world of Broadway percussion. Panel discussions will be held with leading percussionists, conductors, and contractors who are actively pursuing musical careers on Broadway.
The students will have the opportunity to attend two Broadway shows, offering the opportunity for each participant to experience to sit in a live Broadway pit, during an actual Broadway show! They will also dine with the Broadway percussionists after a matinee performance.
Past Broadway Seminar presenters have included: John Clancy and Jon Epcar (Spiderman), Charlie Descarfino (Porgy and Bess), Javier Diaz (Guys and Dolls and Tarzan), Wilson Torres (In the Heights), Dan Haskins and David Ratajczak (Mary Poppins), Pablo Rieppi (West Side Story), Erik Charlston (How to Succeed in Business), James Saporito (NYC Ballet and Tony Awards), Valerie Naranjo and Tommy Igoe (The Lion King), Kory Grossman (Broadway's Super Sub), Ben Herman (Film Recording), and many more.
Applying to the non-credit program consists of two steps:
1. Online Application: You must first complete our online admissions application at [AAWS Summer App Link] in order to submit your auditions admission materials.
2. Audition Submission & Supplemental Material Upload: After you submit your application successfully, you will be sent an email link to the audition admissions website GetAcceptd. You will be required to submit a $55 application fee.
*Please note: You must have your application number available in order to successfully begin the audition submission step (provided when completing the online application - step 1).
International Students: Please also see special instructions for international applicants to the Broadway Percussion Seminar.
Current NYU students: If you are currently attending NYU and wish to apply to a summer program, you should not follow these steps and should instead review the application procedure listed under Information for Current NYU Students.
Online application guide:
|Starting an Application||
What to expect when completing the online application:
|Proof of English Proficiency (International Students Only)||
The audition or supplemental materials submission portion of the application is completed in a third party website called GetAcceptd.
Audition Submission & Supplemental Materials guide:
Broadway Percussion Seminar
What to expect when completing the online application:
|How to complete||
*Minimum age allowed in NYU on-campus housing for a MPAP Summer Program is 15 years old.
|Total Housing/Meal Plan Cost||
|US Students||International Students|
|Application Fee (paid at the end of Acceptd application)||$55||$55|
|Housing and Meal Plan (if on-campus)||$410||$410|
|Health Insurance||Not Applicable||$280 Comprehensive Plan|
Accepted students will confirm their attendance once they have paid the enrollment deposit (detailed instructions provided in acceptance email). Residential students will have successfully registered for housing once they have paid the housing deposit and completed the housing application (sent via email after student confirms their attendance).
Enrollment deposit: $150
- Accepted applicants will make an enrollment deposit of $150 in order to confirm their attendance to their NYU MPAP Summer Program. (payment instructions provided within the initial acceptance email)
Housing deposit: $500
- If staying in on-campus housing, students are required to pay a $500 deposit to reserve a space in housing.
- The housing deposit is a portion of the housing charges, and is NOT a separate or added fee.
- The housing deposit is applied to any housing charges on your bill. Any excess balance remaining will be applied to tuition fees or refunded to the student.
Please note: the Application Fee, Enrollment Deposit and Housing Deposit are not refundable.
Paying the remaining balance:
After paying the deposit(s), students are responsible for paying the remaining balance prior to the start of the program. *While the remaining tuition may be posted immediately after deposits are made, the remaining housing bills are not sent until 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.
All fees, tuition and housing costs are charged to the students eSuites (online student billing system and personal account) via the NYU Bursars Office. Instructions on accessing the eSuites account can be found here.
*Please note: Payment by credit card is not accepted by the Bursar's office to pay remaining balances, please contact the Bursars Office directly for questions about payment.
For information, see the Finances page.
- All communications and admission decisions are provided via email (email account used when application was created).
- Many program directors make admission decisions on a rolling basis once a completed application is received. However, applicants can expect to receive a final admissions decision email no later than two weeks after the final application deadline date.
Scholarships are not available in conjunction with this program.
MPAP Summer Programs