See the Summer Study in Music Theatre at a glance:
- Priority Application Deadline: March 18, 2014 (learn How to Apply)
- Final Application Deadline: April 1, 2014
- Program Dates: June 30 - July 17, 2014
- Required Student Orientation: June 29, 2014, 3 p.m.
- Housing Dates: June 29 - July 19, 2014
- Tuition: $2,615
- Vocal Studies: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/voice/
The Vocal Performance Program in Music and Performing Arts Professions offers a three-week intensive workshop during which students explore the techniques of music theatre performance from the perspective of an actor, singer, and dancer. The workshop employs both group and individual instruction, and activities include dance classes, choreography and musical staging rehearsals, acting and song analysis classes, private song coachings, and a series of master classes on subjects related to the field. The workshop culminates with a showcase presentation in which students perform the material they have been working on in class.
Evening activities for the workshop participants include Broadway shows, concerts, and other cultural events around New York. The program fee covers the cost of those events. The only money that students need to bring to the workshop is extra spending money for incidentals.
Below are all costs associated with the Summer Study in Music Theatre:
- Tuition: $2,615
- Application Fee: $50; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2014 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1,077 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars per week - see the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
In addition to students already enrolled at NYU, the workshop is open to students from other universities and those who have just graduated from high school or completed their junior year. In order to participate in the summer music theatre workshop you must have completed your junior year of high school (a rising senior). There are no exceptions to these rules. If you would like to be considered for the workshop you must complete the following:
- Complete a 2014 Summer Application
- Submit all Audition Requirements and supplemental materials (see Summer Study in Music Theatre)
MPAP Summer Programs