Starting January 15, 2016, the MPAP Summer Programs Application will be open for all 2016 applicants. Please note, that although we accept applications on a rolling basis, each program has specific individual deadlines. Make sure to refer to the deadlines posted below.
*This workshop is currently at capacity and we are are no longer accepting applications. Please visit us next year and apply early! For those of you with an interest in the program for fall admission 2017, we encourage you to look at the Classical Voice Intensive.
See the Summer Study in Music Theatre at a glance:
- Program Dates: June 29 - July 16, 2015
- Priority Application Deadline: April 27, 2015
- Final Application Deadline: May 11, 2015
- Required Student Orientation: June 28, 2015 at 3pm
- Housing Dates: June 28 - July 18, 2015
- Tuition: $2,667
- Please note that performance-based and need-based scholarships are not offered in conjunction with this program
- Vocal Studies website
The Vocal Performance Program in Music and Performing Arts Professions offers a three-week intensive workshop during which students explore the techniques of music theatre performance from the perspective of an actor, singer, and dancer. The workshop employs both group and individual instruction, and activities include dance classes, choreography and musical staging rehearsals, acting and song analysis classes, private song coachings, and a series of master classes on subjects related to the field. The workshop culminates with a showcase presentation in which students perform the material they have been working on in class.
Evening activities for the workshop participants include Broadway shows, concerts, and other cultural events around New York. The program fee covers the cost of those events. The only money that students need to bring to the workshop is extra spending money for incidentals.
Below are all costs associated with the Summer Study in Music Theatre:
- Tuition: $2,667
- Programming Fee: $120
- Application Fee: $50; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2015 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1,143 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars - see the Housing and Meal Plan page for more information
In addition to students already enrolled at NYU, the workshop is open to students from other universities and those who have just graduated from high school or completed their junior year. In order to participate in the summer music theatre workshop you must have completed your junior year of high school (a rising senior). There are no exceptions to these rules. If you would like to be considered for the workshop you must complete the following:
- Complete a 2015 Summer Application
- Submit all Audition Requirements and supplemental materials (see Summer Study in Music Theatre)
MPAP Summer Programs