Program Dates: TBA
(Residential Students Move-in/Move-out: TBA)
Priority Application Deadline: TBA
Final Application Deadline: TBA
Intended For: High School Students, Undergraduates, Graduate Students, and Professionals
“This was a once in a lifetime experience. The teachers seriously know their stuff and care about your growth as an artist. Thanks for an unforgettable summer!” -Jared Youmans
“This workshop has been so great. I have gained an amazing amount of knowledge in not only the art but also myself. The teachers here are fantastic to work with and the program overall is an absolute blast!”
Program Details (Click Here)
Priority Application Deadline: TBA
Final Application Deadline: TBA
Program Dates: TBA
Residential Students Move-in: Move-out: TBA
Mandatory Orientation: TBA
What to expect:
- Sample Summer 2015 Calendar
“This program was wonderful. It allowed me to finally understand how to truthfully deliver a character’s story through song and movement.”
“This program has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life! It has both challenged me and inspired me to continue to work hard in order to achieve my goals and pursue my dreams! Thank you so much for all the work you put into this!”
"Meeting with and talking to graduates like Jay Armstrong Johnson, Ruthie Ann Miles and Elena Shaddow was amazing - their advice and stories really inspired me!"
"I thoroughly enjoyed the process of learning more about music theatre in song analysis. It was so unique, but everything I would have expected from NYU and in preparation for a career in the business.”
“The MPAP summer program allowed me to become more in touch with the skills of my craft, while also installing the basis of a strong work ethic that I can use for the rest of my life.”
“This program combines responsibility of being a student, the exceptional coaching of the NYU Steinhardt faculty and the exhilarating feeling of being in New York City. I couldn’t have been happier with the experiences and the friend I made.”
"I can't believe how much I have changed and grown in skill and confidence. Finally acting, singing and dancing are brought together in a way that makes perfect sense!"
“This program was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Not only was I spending 3 weeks in the magical city, but on top of that I made irreplaceable friendships and learned so much.”
“This workshop truly opened my eyes to the beauty of musical theatre. I always had a passion for music and theatre but this experience boosted it a ton. The professors were all so genuine and caring for the students. I really love this program and school.” -Stevie LeWarne
“I haven’t learned this much from any other intensive. Thank you so much.” -Osher Fein
Below are all costs associated with the Summer Study in Music Theatre:
- Tuition: TBA
- Application Fee: $55; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2017 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1,230 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars per week
- See the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
- International Students have additional Visa and/or participation fees
Costs and Fees Details (Click Here)
|US Students||International Students|
|Application Fee (paid at the end of Acceptd application)||$55||$55|
|Housing and Meal Plan (if on-campus)||$1,230||$1,230|
|Health Insurance||Not Applicable||$280 Comprehensive Plan|
Enrollment deposit: $150
- Accepted applicants will make an enrollment deposit of $150 in order to confirm their attendance to their NYU MPAP Summer Program. (payment instructions provided within the initial acceptance email)
Housing deposit: $500
- If staying in on-campus housing, students are required to pay a $500 deposit to reserve a space in housing.
- The housing deposit is a portion of the housing charges, and is NOT a separate or added fee.
- The housing deposit is applied to any housing charges on your bill. Any excess balance remaining will be applied to tuition fees or refunded to the student.
Please note: the Application Fee, Enrollment Deposit and Housing Deposit are not refundable.
Paying the remaining balance:
For those who are planning on staying on campus, students will have successfully registered for housing when they have completed the housing application and paid the housing deposit.
After paying the deposit(s), students are responsible for paying the remaining balance prior to the start of the program. *While the remaining tuition may be posted immediately after deposits are made, the remaining housing bills are not sent until 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.
All fee's, tuition and housing costs are charged to the students eSuites (online student billing system and personal account) via the NYU Bursars Office. Instructions on making payment(s) are provided to accepted students by MPAP Summer Programs in communications sent to enrolled students' personal and NYU email accounts.
For information about financial aid and scholarships, see the Finances page.
A completed application consists of:
- A 2017 MPAP Summer Application
- Correctly uploaded audition materials in Get Acceptd and a $55 application fee (paid at the end of Acceptd)
*If you are an international student please go to the Application for International Students Website for application details.
Your application will be reviewed once your application is complete and not beforehand.
APPLY NOW (Click Here)
Current NYU students should not follow these steps and should review the application procedure listed under Information for Current NYU Students.
Please visit the Application Information page for a more detailed explanation of the application process.
- In addition to students already enrolled at NYU, the workshop is open to students who are at least 16 years of age or older. Additionally you must be available Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in order to participate in the workshop. If you would like to be considered for the workshop, you must complete the following:
Audition Details (Click Here)
- Submit three video clips consisting of the following material:
- Introduction: Please say your name clearly, the date, the city you are from, and the pieces that you are going to perform.
- Two songs: Your two selections should be complete and contrasting songs – each no longer than four minutes. Choose material from music theatre repertoire – but please avoid rock, pop, country, and jazz. Piano must accompany you (no a capella singing).
- In addition to the above videos, please submit the following:
- Resume: Your resume should reflect your theatre performance experience. Think “theatre resume” rather than “academic resume” for this.
- Headshot or recent photograph: Again we are not looking for a professional quality photograph. If you have a headshot, that is fine. If not, a recent snapshot will suffice.
- Rather than a single long video, we would like three separate clips: the introduction, the first song, and the second song. It’s easier for us to review and easier for you to shoot. We will not be influenced by the professional quality of the video. Please do not worry about any elaborate lighting or studio conditions.
- Please make sure your voice can be heard above the accompaniment – try different distances from the sound source until you find the right “balance” between piano and voice.
- After uploading the pre-screening submission, you will immediately be notified that we have received your materials. After those materials have been reviewed you will be contacted with more information.
Note: Audition requirements are different for each program depending on program director specifications. All audition materials are uploaded via "Get Accetpd" within the second portion of the MPAP Summer Programs Application (further instructions regarding application found here).
Move in: TBA
Move out: TBA
Important Housing Information (Click Here)
Please note, admitted students in need of on-campus housing will be sent the housing application after accepting their spot within their program. Housing requires a deposit of $500 towards your total housing charges that is to be paid as completion of the housing application.
*The meal plan is mandatory for students who stay in on-campus housing.
|Housing:||$732 (shared room in Weinstein Hall)|
|Meal Plan:||$498 (10 meals and $30 dining dollars)|
- Complete the 2017 MPAP Summer Programs Application
- With indication of housing need and financial need (if that would apply to your situation)
- Submit proof of English language proficiency
Important International Student Details (Click Here)
- If admitted into your program the next step is to obtain the required F-1 or J-1 student visa. You must:
- Complete the I-20/DS-2019 Application that is emailed directly to you (including processing fee reciept)
- Follow instructions provided by the Office of Global Services (OGS) until visa completion
- Once on campus, international students must attend the international student check-in. Exact date/time/location is provided at student orientation.
- At NYU, health insurance is required for F-1 and J-1 students. International students are automatically enrolled in a one month Summer Term health insurance policy at $270.
If you are an international student and you are interested in applying for the MPAP Summer Programs, please visit the International Students page.
MPAP Summer Programs