- Complete the 2016 MPAP Summer Programs Application
- With indication of housing need and financial need (if that would apply to your situation)
- Complete the I-20/DS-2019 Application that is emailed directly to you (including processing fee reciept)
- Follow instructions provided by the Office of Global Services (OGS) until visa completion
Proof of English Proficiency
Examples of acceptable proof of English proficiency include:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based test, or 100 on the internet-based test. Submit electronically: NYU's institution code is 2562.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): minimum overall score of 7.5
- Pearson's Test of English (PTE Academic)
- High School Transcript or University Transcript: If you have been studying in a school or college/university where the sole language of instruction is English for at least 1 full year at the time of your application.
If you are unable to submit proof of English language proficiency, we ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your circumstance. We will contact you to discuss alternative options.
Please note: Applicants from the following countries do not need to submit proof of English language proficiency: Australia, Canada, Great Britian, Ireland, New Zealand, and Singapore.
*If you are UNABLE to submit your proof of English language using one of the formats listed above, you must email email@example.com detailing your reason why and be sure to include the name of the program you are applying for. We will contact you to discuss alternative options.*
I-20/DS-2019 and Visa Information
NYU requires students enrolling in courses (this includes summer students) to be at a ststus that would allow study such as a F-1 or J-1 visa. The NYU Office of Global Services (OGS) can assist you in obtaining an I-20 or DS-2019 to process your F-1 or J-1 visa. Once you have completed a program application, you will receive instructions for submitting the I-20/DS-2019 documentation. Contact OGS with specific visa related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be enrolled as a full-time student. All MPAP Programs are full-time and zero credit courses.
- International students are NOT permitted to study on a B-1 (tourist) visa
Please Note: International students currently studying in the US (at NYU or at another academic institution) who currently are in a F-1 or J-1 visa status are not required to submit additional visa documentation in order to enroll in summer courses at NYU. Unless they need to transfer their SEVIS record to NYU. Please contact OGS directly if this is the case.
International Student Check-In
Upon arrival in the United States, all international students must attend an International Student Check-In with the NYU Office of Global Services (OGS) in order to be in compliance. Prior to the start of your program, you will receive information from OGS about your scheduled check-in date and time.
At NYU, health insurance is required for F-1 and J-1 students. International students are automatically enrolled in a one month Summer Term health insurance policy at $280 (comprehensive plan), but students have the option to downgrade to the basic policy ($180). To downgrade your Health Insurance plan, you must contact the NYU Student Health Center. For more information, visit the Student Health Center website.
If you are in need of further assistance please contact the NYU Office of Global Services (OGS) with specific visa related questions at email@example.com, and be sure to include that you are applying to one of the "Steinhardt MPAP Summer Programs" and your full name. You can also contact MPAP Summer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212 998 5438.