Short-term residents are housed in unadorned student dormitory rooms in Founders Hall, located at 120 East 12th Street near the main NYU campus in Greenwich Village.
Founders Hall features include:
- The building is a new air-conditioned residence hall, which opened in May 2009
- Conveniently located a few blocks from the Washington Square Campus area; betweeen Third and Fourth Avenues
- Only two blocks from Union Square, which offers numerous transportation options as well as restuarants and shopping
- Shared occupancy bedrooms for two occupants in suites with up to two bedrooms (up to four residents in each suite)
- Each suite has a bathroom shared by all occupants of the suite
- Wireless internet service available in some public areas
Personnel from the NYU Department of Public Safety monitor access at each residence hall. All participants will be required to provide proper identification upon entering the residence hall. Participants are not permitted to have overnight guests.
NYU Summer Housing does not provide in-room telephone, television, or internet connectivity to short-term guests.
Check-in: Upon their arrival guests will check-in at the residence hall resource center. Here they will receive their room key, a temporary identification card allowing them access to the residence hall and a linen package (rooms are cleaned but are not otherwise made up for guests). The linen package contains a sheet, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, and small towel. Upon departure, the linen should be returned to the resource center.
Laundry: There is a laundry room in the building that guests may use if they would like to wash their linen during their stay. Please note that all NYU laundry facilities only accept NYU Campus Cash as a form of payment.Residents must provide their own toiletries. These items can be purchased at local drug stores which can be found within two blocks of the building. Rooms are cleaned prior to occupancy and after departure, however, no cleaning service is provided during the guests' occupancy of the bedroom and/or suite.