See the NYU Summer Double Reed Teen Workshop at a glance:
- Priority Application Deadline: May 17, 2014 (learn How to Apply)
- Final Application Deadline: June 27, 2014
- Program Dates: August 4, 2014 - August 8, 2014
- Required Student Orientation: August 3, 2014, 3 p.m.
- Housing Dates: August 3, 2014 - August 9, 2014
- Tuition: $850
- Woodwind Studies: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/woodwind/
Bassoon and oboe students between the ages of 13 and 19 are invited to attend the 3rd annual IDRS Double Reed Teen Camp from August 4th through 8th. This camp will be hosted by the NYU Steinhardt Music Department and will take place on the NYU Campus in New York’s Greenwich Village. At this camp you will meet young double reed musicians from around the world, and you will work with world-class musicians through reed making, private and ensemble coaching, and performance opportunities.
The tuition includes teen-only master classes, double reed ensembles, group activities, and attendance at the conference and concerts. Participants will make new friends with other double reed musicians who share the same passion for the bassoon and oboe through four days of immersion in the music and artistic joy that will be the IDRS 2014 Conference.
The workshop's faculty will be selected from the current roster of NYU Woodwind Studies faculty. This year's faculty will include:
Below are all costs associated with the Woodwind Masterclass Series:
- Tuition: $850
- Application Fee: $50; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2014 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $354 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars per week - see the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
The program is intended for participants 16 to 19 years of age. If you would like to be considered for the workshop, you must complete the following:
- Complete a 2014 Summer Application
- Submit all Audition Requirements and supplemental materials (see NYU Summer Double Reed Teen Workshop)
MPAP Summer Programs