See the Classical Voice Intensive at a glance:
- Priority Application Deadline: April 17, 2014 (learn How to Apply)
- Final Application Deadline: May 20, 2014
- Program Dates: July 21 - August 7, 2014
- Required Student Orientation: July 20, 2014, 3 p.m.
- Housing Dates: July 20 - August 9, 2014
- Tuition: $2,400
- Vocal Studies: http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/voice/
The Vocal Performance Program in Music and Performing Arts Professions offers a three-week intensive workshop during which students explore the techniques of classical vocal performance from the perspective of the singing actor. The workshop employs both group and individual instruction, and activities include yoga for singers, stage deportment and dance classes, staging rehearsals, lyric diction and song analysis classes, private song coachings, voice lessons and a series of master classes on subjects related to the field. The workshop culminates with presentation in which students perform the material they have been working on in class.
Evening activities for the workshop participants include concerts and other cultural events around New York. The program fee covers the cost of those events. The only money that students need to bring to the workshop is extra spending money for incidentals.
Prof. Rosa Vento: Voice, Song Repertoire & Lyric Diction
Dr. Scott Murphree: Voice, Song Repertoire & Lyric Diction
Dr. Robert C. White Jr., Bill Bowers, Meg Bussert: Master Classes
Prof. Christine Reimer and Cathy Venable: Vocal Coaching
Prof. MK Lawson: Dance and Deportment
Below are all costs associated with the Summer Classical Voice Intensive:
- Tuition: $2,400
- Application Fee: $50; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2014 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1062 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars per week - see the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
In addition to students already enrolled at NYU, the workshop is open to students from other universities and those who have just graduated from high school or completed their junior year. In order to participate in the summer music theatre workshop you must have completed your junior year of high school AND you must have turned 16-years-old by the time the workshop starts (7/21/2014). There are no exceptions to these rules. Additionally you must be available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM in order to participate in the workshop. If you would like to be considered for the workshop, you must complete the following:
- Complete a 2014 Summer Application
- Submit all Audition Requirements and supplemental materials (see Classical Voice Intensive)