Program Dates: July 18 - August 4, 2016
(Residential Students Move-in: July 17, Move-out: August 6)
Priority Application Deadline: May 16th, 2016
Final Application Deadline: May 30th, 2016
Intended For: All Level
Robert C. White Jr.
Meggi Sweeney Smith
Program Details (Click Here)
Priority Application Deadline: May 16, 2016
Final Application Deadline: May 30, 2016
Program Dates: July 18 - August 4, 2016
Residential Students Move-in: July 17, 2016 Move-out: August 6, 2016
Mandatory Orientation: July 17, 2016
What to expect:
- Vocal Studies website
- Students who successfully complete the summer workshop and apply for 2017 Fall admission are advanced to a live audition and not required to submit a pre-screen audition. This applies to transfer students, undergraduate regular or early decision applicants.
Below are all costs associated with the Classical Voice Intensive:
- Tuition: $2,521
- Application Fee: $55; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2016 Summer Application
- Housing & Meal Plan (optional): $1,182 shared room with 10 meals and 30 Dining Dollars per week
- See the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
- International Students have additional Visa and/or participation fees
Costs and Fees Details (Click Here)
|US Students||International Students|
|Application Fee (paid at the end of Acceptd application)||$55||$55|
|Housing and Meal Plan (if on-campus)||$1,182||$1,182|
|Health Insurance||Not Applicable||$280 Comprehensive Plan|
Enrollment deposit: $150
- Accepted applicants will make an enrollment deposit of $150 in order to confirm their attendance to their NYU MPAP Summer Program. (payment instructions provided within the initial acceptance email)
Housing deposit: $500
- If staying in on-campus housing, students are required to pay a $500 deposit to reserve a space in housing.
- The housing deposit is a portion of the housing charges, and is NOT a separate or added fee.
- The housing deposit is applied to any housing charges on your bill. Any excess balance remaining will be applied to tuition fees or refunded to the student.
Please note: the Application Fee, Enrollment Deposit and Housing Deposit are not refundable.
Paying the remaining balance:
For those who are planning on staying on campus, students will have successfully registered for housing when they have completed the housing application and paid the housing deposit.
After paying the deposit(s), students are responsible for paying the remaining balance prior to the start of the program. *While the remaining tuition may be posted immediately after deposits are made, the remaining housing bills are not sent until 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.
All fee's, tuition and housing costs are charged to the students eSuites (online student billing system and personal account) via the NYU Bursars Office. Instructions on making payment(s) are provided to accepted students by MPAP Summer Programs in communications sent to enrolled students' personal and NYU email accounts.
For information about financial aid and scholarships, see the Finances page.
A completed application consists of:
- A 2016 MPAP Summer Application
- Correctly uploaded audition materials in Get Acceptd and a $55 application fee (paid at the end of Acceptd)
*If you are an international student please go to the Application for International Students Website for application details.
Your application will be reviewed once your application is complete and not beforehand.
APPLY NOW (Click Here)
Current NYU students should not follow these steps and should review the application procedure listed under Information for Current NYU Students.
Please visit the Application Information page for a more detailed explanation of the application process.
- In addition to students already enrolled at NYU, the workshop is open to students who are at least 16 years of age or older. Additionally you must be available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in order to participate in the workshop. If you would like to be considered for the workshop, you must complete the following:
Audition Details (Click Here)
- Submit three video clips consisting of the following material:
- Introduction: Please say your name clearly, the date, the city you are from, and the pieces that you are going to perform.
- Two songs: Your two selections should be complete and contrasting songs. Each selection should be no longer than four minutes. One of your songs must be in English and the other in a foreign language – Italian, German, French, or Spanish. Piano must accompany you (no a capella singing).
- In addition to the above videos, please submit the following:
- Resume: Your resume should reflect your experience as a performing artist and may include experience and training in solo voice, choral, theater, musical instruments and dance. Please include foreign language study and any special skills that you would like to share with us.
- Headshot or recent photograph: Again we are not looking for a professional quality photograph. If you have a headshot, that is fine. If not, a recent snapshot will suffice.
- Rather than a single long video, we would like three separate clips: the introduction, the first song, and the second song. It’s easier for us to review and easier for you to shoot. We will not be influenced by the professional quality of the video. Please do not worry about any elaborate lighting or studio conditions.
- Please make sure your voice can be heard above the accompaniment – try different distances from the sound source until you find the right “balance” between piano and voice.
Note: Audition requirements are different for each program depending on program director specifications. All audition materials are uploaded via "Get Accetpd" within the second portion of the MPAP Summer Programs Application (further instructions regarding application found here).
Move in: July 17th, 2016
Move out: August 6th, 2016
Important Housing Information (Click Here)
Please note, admitted students in need of on-campus housing will be sent the housing application after accepting their spot within their program. Housing requires a deposit of $500 towards your total housing charges that is to be paid as completion of the housing application.
*The meal plan is mandatory for students who stay in on-campus housing.
|Housing:||$702 (shared room in Founder's Hall)|
|Meal Plan:||$480 (10 meals and $30 dining dollars per week)|
- Complete the 2016 MPAP Summer Programs Application
- With indication of housing need and financial need (if that would apply to your situation)
- Submit proof of English language proficiency
Important International Student Details (Click Here)
- If admitted into your program the next step is to obtain the required F-1 or J-1 student visa. You must:
- Complete the I-20/DS-2019 Application that is emailed directly to you (including processing fee reciept)
- Follow instructions provided by the Office of Global Services (OGS) until visa completion
- Once on campus, international students must attend the international student check-in. Exact date/time/location is provided at student orientation.
- At NYU, health insurance is required for F-1 and J-1 students. International students are automatically enrolled in a one month Summer Term health insurance policy at $270.
If you are an international student and you are interested in applying for the MPAP Summer Programs, please visit the International Students page.
MPAP Summer Programs