See the NYU/BMI Music in Advertising Workshop at a glance:
- Program Dates: July 24 - July 26, 2015
- Priority Application Deadline: May 22, 2015
- Final Application Deadline: June 5, 2015
- Required Student Orientation: July 23, 2015
- Housing Dates: July 23 - July 27, 2015
- Tuition: TBA
- Scoring for Film and Multimedia website
See the 2015 NYU/BMI Music in Advertising Workshop Schedule (coming soon).
The NYU/BMI Music in Advertising Workshop is an intensive three-day seminar dedicated to the business and techniques of producing and composing music for advertising, corporate branding and music production libraries. These areas constitute the world’s most heard music and provide major revenue streams for composers.
This is the first workshop of its type to focus on the eclectic mix of the musician/production skills and the business acumen needed to be successful in these areas. Spearheaded by award-winning media composer Andy Bloch (Human: Music and Sound Design), the faculty and panelists will feature composer Peter Nashel (Duotone Audio Group),and music producer Keith D'Arcy (Universal Music Publishing Group). In a dynamic mix of informative industry panels, faculty critiques sessions and live recordings in the state-of-the-art NYU James Dolan recording studio, participating composers will produce and record their music with top-tier musicians and engineers, under real-world conditions.
• Study with acclaimed media composers and faculty who have produced music for thousands of advertising spots, production libraries and scores for television and film.
• Benefit from a concentrated three day film scoring workshop in the heart of New York City
• Evening presentations by BMI
Artistic Director: Andy Bloch, composer and managing partner of Human: Music and Sound Design (www.humanworldwide.com)
Producers: Ron Sadoff, Director of Film Scoring, New York University and Doreen Ringer-Ross, BMI Vice President of Film/TV Relations
Below are all costs associated with the NYU/BMI Music in Advertising Workshop:
- Application Fee: $50; nonrefundable and paid at the end of the 2015 Summer Application
- Housing (optional): *This is a short term housing group - $228 shared room. Please see the Housing & Meal Plan page for more information
Students in this short-term housing group students pay $57 per night and are not eligible for a meal plan.
|MPAP Summer Programs||Priority Application Deadline||Housing Registration Deadline||Move-In & Move-Out Dates||Housing Cost|
|NYU/BMI Workshop for Music in Advertising||May 22||June 11||July 23 - 27|| $228
The program is intended for participants 18 years and older. Applicants under 18 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to be considered for the workshop you must complete the following:Apply & Audition
- Complete a 2015 Summer Application
- Submit all Audition Requirements and supplemental materials (see NYU/BMI Workshop for Music in Advertising)
MPAP Summer Programs