The audition committee is looking to establish your proficiency. Please make sure your video features you as the soloist. Make sure that at the beginning of the video you:
- State your name and instrument clearly
- State if you are auditioning for the graduate or undergraduate program at NYU
After you complete the NYU video audition recording, post your audition video on YouTube in the following manner and set up an unlisted link.
Once the link is working, please proceed as follows:
Please send the link and your contact information to:
Dr. David Schroeder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your completed information sheet to your email with YouTube links. In the subject line please write only your last name, instrument, and degree level.
For example: SMITH, trumpet, UNDERGRADUATE
Please include the link in your online application.
What is an unlisted video?
An unlisted video is a different type of private video. "Unlisted" means that only people who know the link to the video can view it. This is what we prefer.
YouTube Video Submission Instructions
How do I create an unlisted video?
You can choose to make any of your uploads an unlisted video in your YouTube Account settings. Here’s how:
- Sign into your YouTube Account
- Go to your My Videos page
- Select the video which you’d like to make an unlisted video. Click the “Edit” button to access the video’s settings.
- Go to the Privacy section of the page. There you’ll see the option to mark you video as “unlisted,” “public”, or “private”. Select unlisted.
- Don’t forget to click the “Save Changes” button. Once you’ve done this your video will be an unlisted video.
Please title the video as such:
NYU JAZZ Audition: Your last name, instrument, degree level
Example: NYU Jazz Audition: Smith, trumpet, UNDERGRADUATE
Please test the link before you send it to. You can log out of YouTube and send the link to a second email address you may have or to a family member.