NYU SYMPHONY AND PHILHARMONIA AUDITIONS
- Two complete, contrasting works from different style periods
- Solo work of choice
- 3-4 standard orchestral excerpts of your choice in contrasting styles
- Percussion (for Orchestras, New Music, and all Percussion Ensembles)
- One short selected solo on either mallet percussion, snare drum, timpani, or multiple percussion
- Orchestral assignments based on teacher recommendation and need
- Incoming pianists should prepare two contrasting pieces for chamber ensemble auditions made by appointment with Dr. Marilyn Nonken
NYU COMMUNITY ORCHESTRA
- Two short, contrasting pieces, approximately 1/2 page each in length
- One song
- Sight reading and pitch matching
- Improvisation for those interested in the Jazz Choir
The Men's Glee Club does not require auditions, but please sign-up to audition if you wish to meet the director or audition for more than one choir.
There are no auditions for the Children’s Chorus; we simply require that the child wants to sing and that the family makes a commitment to the rehearsals. New singers are accepted at the first rehearsal.
JAZZ STUDIES PROGRAM ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
- Auditioning students should prepare three jazz standards of contrasting tempos and styles demonstrating improvisation and interactive skills within a live trio setting.
- You will be asked to perform one of these compositions, and you may also be asked to perform with fellow auditioning students.
- There will be a live rhythm section at each audition. Please bring three copies of each of your lead sheets to your audition.
If you do not have three jazz standards prepared to play, you will not be allowed to audition.
NYU CONCERT BAND AND MUSIC EDUCATION JAZZ ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
- Two contrasting pieces
Percussionists interested in auditioning for the Concert Band please contact Professor Breaux for equipment and a date for your audition.
Drum auditions for the Music Ed Jazz Ensemble will take place at the first rehearsal on Monday, September 8th at 7:30 pm. Please contact Professor Breaux to arrange for an audition.