NYU SYMPHONY AND PHILHARMONIA AUDITIONS
Excerpts and information for fall 2015 will be posted in early August.
- Percussion (for Orchestras, New Music, and all Percussion Ensembles)
NYU COMMUNITY ORCHESTRA
- Two short, contrasting pieces, approximately 1/2 page each in length
- One song
- Sight reading and pitch matching
- Improvisation for those interested in the Jazz Choir
The Men's Glee Club does not require auditions, but please sign-up to audition if you wish to meet the director or audition for more than one choir.
There are no auditions for the Children’s Chorus; we simply require that the child wants to sing and that the family makes a commitment to the rehearsals. New singers are accepted at the first rehearsal.
JAZZ STUDIES PROGRAM ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
- Auditioners should prepare three jazz standards of contrasting tempos and styles, demonstrating improvisation and interactive skills within a live trio setting.
- You will be asked to perform one of these compositions and you may also be asked to perform with fellow auditioners.
- There will be a live rhythm section at each audition. Please bring three copies of each of your lead sheets to your audition.
If you do not have three jazz standards prepared to play, you will not be allowed to audition.
NYU CONCERT BAND AND MUSIC EDUCATION JAZZ ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
- Two contrasting pieces
Percussionists interested in auditioning for the Concert Band please contact Professor Breaux for equipment and a date for your audition.
Drum auditions for the Music Ed Jazz Ensemble will take place at the first rehearsal on Monday, September 8th at 7:30 pm. Please contact Professor Breaux to arrange for an audition.