1. The exciting merger of two dynamic professional fields – theatre and education.
2. The wealth of opportunities in New York City. Need we say more?
3. The international reputation of innovation and excellence of the Program in Educational Theatre as part of the global initiatives of a prestigious university.
4. A non-conservatory program that provides a well-rounded liberal arts theatre education with both classroom and theatre experiences preparing students for future careers.
5. An active and involved learning environment concerned with areas of social justice and diversity.
6. Professional connections, teacher certification, and practical experiences that lead to jobs after graduation.
7. A sense of community and personal connection with faculty advisors which creates an atmosphere of support and encouragement.
8. The chance to view theatre making through a variety of creative lenses: playwrighting, performing, directing, devising, and designing.
9. The ability to combine theatre arts with practical applications – act and inspire.
10. If you are passionate about the future of theatre, as well as new innovations in the field, then this is the place for you.