NYU Madrigal Singers is a small, coed ensemble of 16 singers dedicated to the joy of a capella singing. Challenging repertoire includes music from Renaissance to Contemporary and Rock and all things in between. The group is trained to perform without a conductor.
In addition to participating in the fall and spring concerts at the university, the ensemble pursues its mission to bring music to the community by performing at local public and private schools, such as the George Jackson Academy, and hospitals and senior centers including the Hallmark Senior Residence in Battery Park City.
The ensemble is involved in the revitalization of the NYU Choral Alumni and last year at the Memorial/Dedication of the plaque for Marian Konstan, they performed in the choral suite at the Kimmel Center.
In recent years, The New York University Madrigal Singers have:
- Travelled with the NYU Jazz Choir to Japan for a concert tour in Tokyo, performing at Seisa University and the Hands on Tokyo Spring Charity Event, Remembering 3/11, in honor and memory of those who lost their lives in the Tsunami
- Performed a holiday program every year at Saks Fifth Avenue during the four Saturdays before Christmas
- Sung at the Salmagundi Arts Club, and other community arts organizations
- Performed at the 29th Annual Conference of the International Society of Music Education held in Beijing, China
- Sung in combined concert with the Yale University Madrigal Singers
- Together with the NYU Jazz Choir, traveled to the Middle East to perform 9 concerts at United Arab Emirates University, The University at Sharjah and NYU Abu Dhabi
- Performed at St. Joseph’s Church in Greenwich Village, with Nassim Al Saba, the choir from the American University of Sharjah
Nancy Shankman, director
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Visit us at www.youtube.com/NYUMadrigalSingers.
- Learn more about our choral ensembles
The Goslings-Sir Frederick Bridge
De Punta Y Taco-Swingle Singers