New York State English Language Learner Parent Hotline - This hotline was created to provide parents, guardians and other persons in parental relation of ELLs with information about their rights and services for their children pursuant to Commissioner’s Regulation 154.
Listed in alphabetical order.
- Bilingual Study Notes - Quick study notes for students to understand New York and US history and science with side-by-side language translation available in Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian, Korean, and Spanish.
- Blueprints for ELL Success and the Common Core State Standards Information for Parents
- CR Part 154 Documents
- Co-Teaching and Collaboration for Teachers of ELLs
- Free Online Learning Sites - Here are some of the many publicly available online educational tools for educators, parents and students on multiple subjects.
- A Guide to Understanding the New Rules for School Registration - This brochure is designed for parents so that they better understand the enrollment process.
- Guides and Resources for Teachers of ELLs
- Glossaries - Word-to-word glossary translation in multiple languages for K-12 math, science and social studies and ELA subject areas.
- Key Terms Used to Describe Practices Related to the Education of ELLs in New York State - English/Spanish
- Language and Culture - Concise descriptions of the languages and cultures our students bring with them - with great tips for educators.
- Multilingual Book Publishers
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT)
- Pathways to Obtain Additional Certification in Bilingual Education and/or TESOL
- Professional Development Materials - Powerpoints and handouts from professional development sessions for educators to ELLs and languages.
- Resources for Parents and Students - Useful information and links for parents and students, including adult ESL classes.
- Seal of Biliteracy - The New York State SEAL OF BILITERACY recognizes students who have studied and attained a high proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation.
- Translation Services - Individuals - List of individuals providing a full range of multilingual language services.
- Translation Services - Organizations - List of organizations and companies providing a full range of multilingual language services.
- African Language Consultants - African Language Consultants is a BBB accredited, multilingual services provider with access to linguists of both commonly spoken and rare African languages and dialects.