Resources developed by the TAC-D team for addressing disproportionality related issues including best practices manuals and factsheets on disproportionality related topics.
- TAC-D 2016 Webinar Series On Addressing Disproportionality
- Phase Two Equity-based Data Driven Root Cause Analysis Technical Assistance
- Phase Two Culturally Responsive Technical Assistance
Tune in for current thoughtful, practical and out-of-the-box advice on disproportionality around special education and school discipline, school equity, plus more from researchers and practitioners from all walks of life.
Information on research, policy, and practices related to disproportionality issues including links to organizations, and federal and state education agencies that address disproportionality.
- Equity in Education: Addressing Racial/Ethnic Disproportionality in Special Education
This manual is intended to provide school districts with detailed data-driven processes for identifying the root causes of disproportionality in their district and ensure equitable outcomes. A major premise involves understanding disproportionality as an outcome of policies, practices, and beliefs. At the end of this data-driven process, school districts will be able to identify policies, practices, and beliefs implicated in their disproportionality patterns and, more importantly, develop systemwide buy-in and perspective of this equity issue.
- Data Analysis Workbook
This workbook provides step-by-step procedures for school districts to develop their own capacity to measure disproportionality using basic qualitative methods.
Additional Data Tools:
- National Center for Educational Statistics: http://nces.ed.gov/
- NYSED Achievement profiles desegregated by multiple factors: https://data.nysed.gov/assessment38.php?subject=ELA&year=2016&instid=80000003515
- Mississippi Cultural Responsivity Matrix
A Teachers’ Self-study Guide for Culturally Responsive Practices in Grades K-6: Reading & Mathematics. It assist teachers and administrators in assessing the degree to which mandated curricula guides in mathematics and reading curricula and strategies that are responsive to the socio-cultural experiences and backgrouds of their students.