Technical Assistance Center on Disproportionality (TAC-D) project, formerly known as Chapter 405, at the Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools (Metro Center), is contracted through the New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Special Education to develop, implement, and assess a process of providing comprehensive technical assistance and professional development trainings to New York State School Districts that are addressing issues of disproportionality.
Technical Assistance Center on Disproportionality’s work includes building the capacity of regions and districts in understanding the root cause and systemically addressing the disproportionate assignment of various subgroups in special education. This entails providing professional development trainings, coaching, training follow-ups, materials, and resources. The resources include a Web-Based Clearinghouse, a Disproportionality Data Repository (DDR), Data Analysis Workbook, research based articles, journals, and manuals.
News and Events
News / Announcements
- Yonkers School District Forms Partnership with Technical Assistance Center on Disproportionality (TAC-D)
- Brown Bag Discussion on February 28th, 2017
- TAC-D Presents Brown Bag Discussion on February 28th, 2017
- Brown Bag Speakers Series on 2016 Events, Speak up/out Against Resurgence in Hate and Bias Activities
- Centering Students: How Educators can Fix Schools and Classrooms - A Cultural Relevance Perspective