The Center for Research and Evaluation conducts applied research and evaluation studies focused on promoting positive educational outcomes for youth, and understanding the influence of both schools and communities on those outcomes. Its goal is to use research to inform educational policies and practices at federal, state, local, and programmatic levels. See our flyer | More
- Educational program evaluation (e.g., Title I and III, 21st Century Community Learning Center, parent involvement programs)
- Student, parent and teacher surveys of school climate - School Climate Assessment (SCA) Composite
- Data analysis of student-level standardized exams - School Composite of Academic Excellence
- Longitudinal data report on racial/ethnic disproportionality in special education and suspension
- Training on utilizing data for improving instructional practices (e.g., Using Data with Instruction, Differentiated Instruction, and Formative Assessments)
Metro-CRE collaborates with various entities in conducting research and evaluation on substantive educational issues. These collaborations are premised on the understanding that applied research can and should assist in answering the questions persisting in educational practice.