Before you begin your job search, take a moment to review our career tips.
NYU Student Networking Organizations
The Center for Communication
We encourage you to take advantage of the resources offered by the Center for Communication, an independent media forum that produces free seminars for students and faculty. See a full schedule of programs and videos featuring experts' insights about breaking into the field of media.
Most professional organizations either have student chapters or student membership rates.
- New York Women in Communication (NYCWICI)
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- NY Chapter of the AMA (NYAMA)
- American Association Of Advertising Agencies (AAAA)
- International Advertising Association (IAA)
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
Specialty Communication Organizations
- The Health and Science Communication Association (HSCA)
- The Hospitality and Sales Marketing Association (HSMAI)
- The National Sports Marketing Network (NSMN)
- Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ)
- American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME)
- Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA)
- National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE)
"Advertising Age is the world's leading brand for news and insight on marketing, advertising and media."
"Covering the industry from an agency perspective, Adweek focuses on those who create the strategy and the ads as well as those who buy the media and handle client relations."
"Billboard magazine focuses on the music business, providing charts, data, analysis, profiles, news and trend reporting for aspiring artists, top executives, tour promoters, publishers, radio programmers, lawyers, retailers, etc."
|Broadcasting & Cable
"B&C is the leading voice of the television industry, serving the broadcast, cable and syndication communities each week."
|Editor & Publisher
"Editor & Publisher is the authoritative journal covering all aspects of the North American newspaper industry, including business, newsroom, advertising, circulation, marketing, technology, online and syndicates."
"Folio serves the entire community of the magazine publishing industry. Its aim is to encourage a richer dialogue between buyers and sellers."
|The Hollywood Reporter
"The Hollywood Reporter covers the business of the entertainment industry via a network of media outlets. They include the print daily and weekly editions, the web site, various electronic-media offerings and high-profile events such as the Key Art Awards and Women in Entertainment."
Mediaweek provides TV ratings, data and news on the television industry, and is a source of cable television news ratings.
"PROMO Magazine provides insights into using promotion marketing as a strategic, measurable component of an overall marketing mix."
"PRWeek provides timely news, reviews, profiles, techniques, and ground-breaking research for practitioners. This research includes annual salary, CEO, and corporate surveys, as well as key industry sector rankings and regional forums."
"The international voice for book publishing and book selling."
"Variety is the premier source of entertainment news. Since 1905, the most influential leaders in the industry have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straight forward news and analysis - information vital to their professions."