Finding an Internship
We provide several resources to guide students through the process of finding an internship. Visiting our internship Program Highlights page will link you to several company web sites popular with our students. In addition, we encourage you to:
- Seek career guidance. Before you begin your search, take a moment to read our career tips plus the blog From College to Career by Deborah Federico and the article Six Ways to Make Your internship Count .
- View the latest internship listings - MCC's extensive database of current opportunities. You will need your NYU NetID and password to access this page. Note: It is up to you to review, select, apply and interview for positions.
- Browse through the Student Internship Binders located in the Internship Information Area of the Department of Media, Culture, and Communication on the 8th floor of the East Building. These binders contain student evaluations of all internships taken for credit by students in this department.
- Search for internship opportunities on NYU's job listing site, NYU CareerNet. Or for career services visit the Wasserman Center for Career Development located at 133 E. 13th Street – 2nd Floor, Tel. (212) 998-4730.
- Attend the annual Department of Media, Culture, and Communication Media Career Roundtable. Details will be sent to you via email each spring semester.
- Utilize your own network of contacts.
- Read the job and internship listings on professional association web sites and in trade publications of the industry in which you would like to work.