M.S. in Games for Learning - Where Fun Has Serious Impact
Join our email list today to help you decide if our program in Games for Learning is right for you.
This is an exciting time to work in the field of educational games. Rapid changes in technology are reshaping learning, opening up opportunities for greater collaboration and creativity in teaching and learning.
Our new M.S. program in Games for Learning, the first of its kind in the nation, prepares professionals who can create, use, and evaluate digital games for the purpose of learning in formal and informal settings.
- Use evidence-based research to facilitate the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of programs that integrate games
- Study with faculty who are internationally renowned in both instructional design and the learning sciences
- Choose from several areas of study including game design, game development, and game research. Or customize your area of study under faculty supervision.
- Learn in small groups and in studio environments, which are ideal for creativity and collaboration
- Participate in an optional internship, where you can apply your skills and knowledge in a broad variety of corporations, cultural institutions and not-for-profit organizations, and game design studios throughout New York City
- Pursue your studies full or part time
- Benefit from exposure to and participation in the Games for Learning Institute, a collaboration between NYU and nine other universities, and co-directed by NYU Steinhardt professor Jan Plass
- Prepare for a career as director of projects related to games for learning, learning game designer, game researcher, or program evaluator in such settings as university-based research centers, community agencies, not-for-profit organizations, school systems, and in private industry such as game design studios, educational design firms, and educational research firms
We also offer these related degree programs:
- M.A. in Digital Media Design for Learning
- Advanced Certificate in Digital Media Design for Learning
- Ph.D. in Educational Communication and Technology
Take the Next Step
Join our mailing list above, selecting Games for Learning as a program of interest to learn more.
- Applied Psychology
This site, and all its contents, are Copyright ©
by New York University. All rights reserved.
The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development - 82 Washington
Square East, New York, NY 10003